Winter's over.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About a year ago I started this thread when I decommissioned my snow blower for the year and was roundly blamed for burying you upper Midwest guys in snow fir the entire month of April. Steve, @Stump Shot was particularly upset. And although he hasn't owned up to it, I figure he was behind the dump truck with Wisconsin plates that dumped a load of snow in my driveway on Easter Sunday. So, I'm not going near my snowblower early this year. If you guys get hammered again, don't look at me!

Truth is, i haven't really gone near it all winter out this way. Only used it once all season. One good 12" storm, and that was it. After that, several 1 and 2 inch deals. But I don't run the blower unless I get 3 or more inches. Last winter was kind of lame as well, and there are a lot of plow trucks for sale around these parts. Several guys are getting out of the business altogether. Which sets up complete mayhem when we actually get another winter and people can't find a snow contractor.

Any of you guys get much of a winner this year?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here in central MN(OOT place), and at the homestead (north side of Minneapolis suburbs) I didn't even fire up a snowblower. At the homestead, it didn't even get fuel put in it. Our deepest snow cover so far has been less than 3" with bare yards showing for most of the season.

Last edited:

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About a year ago I started this thread when I decommissioned my snow blower for the year and was roundly blamed for burying you upper Midwest guys in snow fir the entire month of April. Steve, @Stump Shot was particularly upset. And although he hasn't owned up to it, I figure he was behind the dump truck with Wisconsin plates that dumped a load of snow in my driveway on Easter Sunday. So, I'm not going near my snowblower early this year. If you guys get hammered again, don't look at me!

Truth is, i haven't really gone near it all winter out this way. Only used it once all season. One good 12" storm, and that was it. After that, several 1 and 2 inch deals. But I don't run the blower unless I get 3 or more inches. Last winter was kind of lame as well, and there are a lot of plow trucks for sale around these parts. Several guys are getting out of the business altogether. Which sets up complete mayhem when we actually get another winter and people can't find a snow contractor.

We had a few decent snowfalls, but it never went below zero here, and we barely had enough safe ice to go ice fishing. With that being said, I've been buried alive too many times in April to turn my back on mother nature. My snowblower will be at the ready for at awhile yet.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Views from the kitchen this morning. It’s been a dud here too. The forecast says 16” 7 days out, then as it gets closer it drops to 8”, then 4”, then 1-2”. The most recent storm was supposed to be 9-12” but we only got 5”.

IMG_1759.jpegIMG_1760.jpeg

The blower will remain prepped for battle though. The biggest storm I’ve seen here was 40” on May 7.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lol, Last winter we set record for the most snow, this year we're on track to set another record for the least amount of snow ever in a winter. So, I will be mostly unoffended if you and Ed want to thumb your noses at old man winter and taunt him a bit. My walk behind and snowmobiles are all still in a state of storage from last year yet. Still, not going to chance it and remove the blower from the tractor and ready it for summer, besides there's plenty of time for that yet.
It's pretty normal to get a big dump of heavy wet snow this time of year here. Nothing normal about this winter though. :(

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Around here we usually wait till a week after boys state and NCAA basketball tourneys b4 thinking about putting the snow removal equipment in a close to storage state. I've been caught off guard before . . .

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here a week or so ago they had the “Blizzard Warning!” With 10’ of snow predicted and 75 mph winds. It fizzled out to just an ordinary little snow storm but if you look at the news reports it was everything they predicted. “Sierras get hammered by blizzard!” Bullspit. It didn’t happen. They are such liars.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This makes the third winter I have not blown or plowed snow .Still froze my azz off though .Fact let the fire go out about a week ago .

Reactions: Lnk

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al, is that 3 in a row?

Be letting my fire go out today, with the next 3 days in the 60's. And since Steve has given his blessing, the Ariens is getting decommissioned today.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al, is that 3 in a row?

Be letting my fire go out today, with the next 3 days in the 60's. And since Steve has given his blessing, the Ariens is getting decommissioned today.
Nice machine made in Wisconsin. Going to have to leave the fire burn here yet, still below freezing at nighttime for a while yet.