Echo CS-590 Hard to start - Low Compression

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lean could be it in this cold weather. It took me 20 or so pulls to get my 490 to fire on full choke a few days ago, that caught me a little off guard. I have heard of fuel contamination at a gas station. A local non ethanol station had an issue where people's cars would quit due to water in the gas.
I try to set my carb in cold weather now, take note of the settings and lean out when it gets warmer, if need be, and if altitude requires, but when I say cold, its only at about 7c plus here, I wouldn't be out in colder, and I would't cut in hot here either, no point as I have time to do it when am not going to be sweating, so my settings dont alter a lot, but I do notice the effect, my small 352 was a real pain regarding temperature and altitude, never really got to the bottom of that one, sold it for the 4300. As long as one knows the temperature needs to be adjusted for, their settings should be in that ballpark.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't use my 2 stroke machines to earn a living, so I don't get them out in temperature extremes unless I have to for another reason. I run my saws when the outside temp is 40-75 F usually.