Winter's over.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep 3 in a row it is .We did have around 3 inches in one fall but it was gone in two days .The rest were just dustings .It wasn't so cold but the wind was bone chilling .It might dip down to the twenties end of week and if so I'll light the fire again .However if it snows the earth is so warm it will melt in a couple of days this late in the season .BTW it's supposed to hit 60 today Hmm North Carolina weather in NW Ohio .

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
2:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mail lady says the reason we didn’t get much of any snow this year is because I got another snowmobile and she got a new snowblower. lol

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep Wisconsin - don't get fooled , March ,April and sometimes in May we get slammed dunked. back in the 50's i remember a storm in May , didn't get snow but about a foot deep of hail.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep Wisconsin - don't get fooled , March ,April and sometimes in May we get slammed dunked. back in the 50's i remember a storm in May , didn't get snow but about a foot deep of hail.
I've seen it snow every month of the Calander here at one time or another.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We sure get some crazy weather in WI. Sometimes all in one day. Opening weekend of Pheasant season 1978. Nice sunny Sunday morning, temp had climbed to about 60 by 10 am. I was out with my 2 brits, Sugar river Bottoms about 2 miles away from my car. The wind started picking up from just a smidgen at 10 am , You could feel a change in the density of the air almost like an electric charge. Within a 1/2 hour temp dropped to 30 wind rain, hail, snow- wind howling- temp still dropping I was making a bee line for the car in 20 minutes I was soaking wet. Temps dropped to zero and still dropping plus the wind chill, The older pup 1 year + was ok but the younger one at 9 months was played out . My coat was freezing solid . Young pup, I had to grab and carry inside my coat and I was still a mile or more from car. By time I got to the car I was having trouble myself. Hypothermia. Had to chisel the door open as it was coated in ice . Car started, I was thankful for that, but driving home - about an hour plus due to conditions, car never warmed up . I was in bad shape by that point having trouble focusing and staying awake. We all survived. That has been the only time I got cought flat footed like that.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
rained all day last thur. rogue snow flakes yesterday and today. Tractor back from shop, but I haven't put the back blade back on yet. So if I tear down the 2 stroke blower that might make it snow enough to see it or dump a big load. Wind from Northwest at 400 ft last 3 days ( got a bunch of those giant fans around my place)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In spite of the enthusiasm to operate a snow blower ,if not used they last for a long time .Think about the late 70's to mid 80's .They spent a bloody fortune for large blowers ran by tractors .Used about a year and since not used .Fact I picked up a year old 12 HP electric start walk behind ,I think 36 " that will toss snow 30-40 feet for my son .Over $1200 new ,set me back $250 .It's resting in my shop at the moment .

Reactions: Lnk