Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its a wonder im still here.....
filed the points flat on the lawn boy set them at .20 replaced the ratty wiring and the condenser cleaned the rust off the wico magneto.didn't notice the high tension lead had a bare spot and had my hand a little to close and it lit me up like the 4th of july
HORY SHEET did that hurt.
it has a snappy blue spark now instead of a weak orange spark.
Did it start?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was busy making dinner. Prime Rib, Dutch Oven Cheesy Bacon Potatoes, and green beans.
View attachment 47373
This 6.6 pound Prime Rib roast went in a 500°F oven for just over 40 minutes. Then I let it rest in there for two hours. I taped the oven door shut, so none of the kids would mess with it.
View attachment 47374
Took it out, and let it rest under foil for 15 minutes. 130°F in the center, and absolutely delicious.
Jon, if you get a chance, even though it was oven bound, post up these pics over in What's Hitting The Grill or Smoker thread. Man that looks fine!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jon, if you get a chance, even though it was oven bound, post up these pics over in What's Hitting The Grill or Smoker thread. Man that looks fine!

Damn good indeed!

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's a statement, not a question dot dot dot
Nope. Adding a question mark at the end of my post makes it just that, a question. As I was seeking the root cause of the disparaging remarks.

I do understand why you were confused by the form of question I chose to use. Especially in light of todays locution quirk known as "up speak". Where the "up speak[er]" elevates an octave at the end of their statement, which takes on the auditory qualities of a question.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope. Adding a question mark at the end of my post makes it just that, a question. As I was seeking the root cause of the disparaging remarks.

I do understand why you were confused by the form of question I chose to use. Especially in light of todays locution quirk known as "up speak". Where the "up speak[er]" elevates an octave at the end of their statement, which takes on the auditory qualities of a question.
That explanatin' is worth a Bud Light...cheers and Bud Lights up!! I was ready to re-up anyhoo...just added fuel to my re-upping fire. ;)

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure why I am being disparaged in such a manner, in this thread?

Adding a question mark at the end of my post makes it just that, a question.

Nope... or yup, depending upon context. If in the quoted case we were intended to read it as a question, then taken in context, you were asking us if we were unsure.

I understood that you were trying to add the semblance of your own surprise under the pretense of a question. Similarly, I knew you were not incorrectly ending a statement with annoyingly rising intonation thus erroneously sounding like a question.

You could have more aptly asked (to imply surprise), "I am being disparaged in this thread?" In that case, the meaning of the question would have been, "Why am I being disparaged in such a manner in this thread?" You would have properly emphasized the subject of the question (yourself) so that we could have properly inferred your surprise.

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its a wonder im still here.....
filed the points flat on the lawn boy set them at .20 replaced the ratty wiring and the condenser cleaned the rust off the wico magneto.didn't notice the high tension lead had a bare spot and had my hand a little to close and it lit me up like the 4th of july
HORY SHEET did that hurt.
it has a snappy blue spark now instead of a weak orange spark.
Refreshing,Ain't it?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nope... or yup, depending upon context. If in the quoted case we were intended to read it as a question, then taken in context, you were asking us if we were unsure.

I understood that you were trying to add the semblance of your own surprise under the pretense of a question. Similarly, I knew you were not incorrectly ending a statement with annoyingly rising intonation thus erroneously sounding like a question.

You could have more aptly asked (to imply surprise), "I am being disparaged in this thread?" In that case, the meaning of the question would have been, "Why am I being disparaged in such a manner in this thread?" You would have properly emphasized the subject of the question (yourself) so that we could have properly inferred your surprise.
you two get a room you're made for each other.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Now that's what a Canadian education gets you...