Why I'm here...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been on this forum pretty much since the AS revolt and want to say that I enjoy the sense of community. I still visit AS from time to time but when I do it reminds me why I came over here.
Right now in the firewood forum over there a guy is getting lambasted because he was asking about sources for free wood such as slab wood from saw mills, etc. I mean people are vilifying this guy. What's up with that? It's a legitimate question posted in the proper area of the forum and he's got to be taken to task as a moocher with a bunch of just low down mean comments?
Maybe the guys a scoundrel and swindler, I don't know him but why civility can't prevail and if someone doesn't have any helpful suggestions, can't they just keep their yap shut?
Just sort of peeved me this morning after a short night of sleep...

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love this site, because the people seem genuinely good-natured. i've seen more people ready and willing to lend a hand here then almost any other site.

This is definitely one of the groups anywhere, just in terms of helpfulness and willingness to accept new people.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best place on the WWW is right here, and is why I stay here and why I don't bother looking elsewhere. I was thinking to myself after Christmas how my faith in humanity was restored a little by all the well wishes and genuine generosity of the folks here. Then again, while not hailed as loudly, it's really like that here every day. I think we owe a debt of gratitude to the site sponsor, tech's and the moderators here for doing an excellent job. So @Gentleman , @exCanuck , @Mastermind , @Jon1212 and all the members that make it great here - Thank you.

Last edited:

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I posted a 394 for sale over there and a video of it and there was a soft spot in the middle of a green red oak log in was cutting but nothing to make a drastic difference.
I got a few pm's about trying to pull a fast one and that somebody was going to call me out on it. Lol

I never thought anything about it and the same video was on this site and viewed a lot on my utube channel and nobody ever said anything but on AS they're thinking I'm using a dummy log. Lol
It's sad that it's poisoned the way it is and it's contagious unfortunately,even the new guys there become that way.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been on this forum pretty much since the AS revolt and want to say that I enjoy the sense of community. I still visit AS from time to time but when I do it reminds me why I came over here.
Right now in the firewood forum over there a guy is getting lambasted because he was asking about sources for free wood such as slab wood from saw mills, etc. I mean people are vilifying this guy. What's up with that? It's a legitimate question posted in the proper area of the forum and he's got to be taken to task as a moocher with a bunch of just low down mean comments?
Maybe the guys a scoundrel and swindler, I don't know him but why civility can't prevail and if someone doesn't have any helpful suggestions, can't they just keep their yap shut?
Just sort of peeved me this morning after a short night of sleep...
Because most over there have egos, and want a pudding contest. And jj mentioned the Facebook groups, same or worse.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...more 'run to the mods/owners in PM's', site narks over there than all other forums combined. And the two biggest narks over there, and they know exactly who they are, are the biggest instigating vaginas on that site.

More and more will leave from there and gravitate here permanently...wait and see!! You can be a man over here, cut up, etc without a bunch of petty backlash because some little thin-skinned boys' labias got all swollen up, and their little feelings hurt.

Last edited:

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I joined this site over a year ago and while I also browse what's happening on AS I have no desire to participate there any longer. What we have here is a solid bunch of guys that all mean well and are true to themselves. That was made even more apparent when I met several of them at Randy's GTG. When you can chat with people over a screen and keyboard later to meet and shake the hand of those same folks that act the same as they do online that's something special.

Last edited:

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old gunny100 back asking for free wood lol. He does get blasted but in all fairness he comes around every winter with the same intentions. I still cruise the site mainly cause I love firewood related anything. I never could get into the chainsaw forum only the cool kids hang out there. Definitely glad I joined up here and the cool kids let me hang out wit them:goofy::goofy:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bet someone slings some eye candy up within the next five posts, lol.

naw...we're bigger then that here. We're "gentlemen" and we act chivalrous and say big words like chivalrous..and our spelling coach always helps us when we get some words wrong....

and stuff.