Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah my last free oil change I saw them carry the same old heaped up with crap cabin air filter to 3 different people saying it needed to be changed to the tune of probably $50. I change my own for $7 when I remember I even have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This one was legitimately dirty. He just pointed it out to me and wasn't trying to sale me. I can say I look pretty outta sorts when going to the dealer. You can say I'm not there traditional customer lol. And if it takes longer than 30 mins 25% discount.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This one was legitimately dirty. He just pointed it out to me and wasn't trying to sale me. I can say I look pretty outta sorts when going to the dealer. You can say I'm not there traditional customer lol. And if it takes longer than 30 mins 25% discount.

I've been second in line getting there at 730 to our before and not left until 12 where plenty of other people left before me that got there after me. Then hearing stories of people that have awesome experiences after just getting one vehicle from them (after my immediate family has bought 7-8 in the last 5-6 years, and me and my wife being responsible for 4 of those 8 cars in the past 5 years) I'm done with them. I have a friend who gets a rental car everytime she goes after she bought one car from them when I get no offer of anything but a cup of coffee and then have to sit there for 4 hours after getting there 30 minutes before opening.....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been second in line getting there at 730 to our before and not left until 12 where plenty of other people left before me that got there after me. Then hearing stories of people that have awesome experiences after just getting one vehicle from them (after my immediate family has bought 7-8 in the last 5-6 years, and me and my wife being responsible for 4 of those 8 cars in the past 5 years) I'm done with them. I have a friend who gets a rental car everytime she goes after she bought one car from them when I get no offer of anything but a cup of coffee and then have to sit there for 4 hours after getting there 30 minutes before opening.....

Yeah fug that place then. This dealer has to work for it. Cause an hour away from me is Kansas City Mo and like 5 different Toyota dealers just waiting for ya.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah fug that place then. This dealer has to work for it. Cause an hour away from me is Kansas City Mo and like 5 different Toyota dealers just waiting for ya.

This dealer is part of a big corporation that own almost every dealership in town. They don't care at any of the dealerships so I just go to a family owned Toyota dealer about 30 minutes away. They are awesome

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This dealer is part of a big corporation that own almost every dealership in town. They don't care at any of the dealerships so I just go to a family owned Toyota dealer about 30 minutes away. They are awesome

Is it the Hendrick auto group?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been running VP 40:1 premixed stuff. I added some more to it because I was afraid of the lack of color in the premix. Probably at 36:1 or so and all my OPE run great. Burns clean. Nice little smell too. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is it the Hendrick auto group?

The one I love is sand mountain the other one is part of the team one group they own every dealership but ford and Honda around here pretty much. When all of those dealerships were individually owned 10 years ago they were all wonderful too

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been running VP 40:1 premixed stuff. I added some more to it because I was afraid of the lack of color in the premix. Probably at 36:1 or so and all my OPE run great. Burns clean. Nice little smell too. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ran vp 40:1 in my fs80 and my echo pb500t and all ran great today. Well besides my fs80 having a really old carb that can be kinda finicky at times. That's not the oils problem though. It's getting a rebuilt carb and new fuel lines this winter. Fs90 is moving to brush blade only duty. Forgot how lightweight and responsive the fs80s are.

mikey517

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the other night my wife was out shopping. She calls from Wallyworld and says "Hey, they're having a clearance on chainsaw stuff. She sends me these pics, tells me she bought the last 16 oz of PureGuard and last two VP 5.2 oz. cost her $6.00 I think total. Mixed up a gallon of the VP today. Nice and red. FD rated. Will use it cutting next week...
5f122bbadfe2a8ca3bc8a0be3606545f.jpg
74247241d1e6bddf08b5700a47efb649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Switched the fuel back to red armor last week. The wife was trimming with project bent shaft and said that she could tell it was running better. I looked at her with a confused look and asked "so your saying oil makes a difference? " she huffed at me and went on destroying every weed in site. Lol she really likes that bent shaft running on red armor. Next week Dolmar synthetic lol gotta keep her on her toes. Lol

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switched the fuel back to red armor last week. The wife was trimming with project bent shaft and said that she could tell it was running better. I looked at her with a confused look and asked "so your saying oil makes a difference? " she huffed at me and went on destroying every weed in site. Lol she really likes that bent shaft running on red armor. Next week Dolmar synthetic lol gotta keep her on her toes. Lol

And what will you do IF she notices the difference next week?

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have never noticed one oil that made a machine run any better than the next. Some required more work tuning, but I could get any of them to run perfect with a little effort.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was a Toyota dealership tech for several years. We used the two jaw oil filter wrenches that connect to a 3/8" extension to remove them. Nobody ever used a tool to tighten an oil filter, there is absolutely no reason to do so.

We were telling people to change their oil at 3750 when I got out of it in late 2007. Does Toyota really say 10k nowadays? The only thing I take my vehicles to any kind of shop for is tires and alignments because a). I'm cheap, b). I don't have the machinery to do it, and c). I don't like having my car fixed according to someone else's schedule. Then, it's an independent place owned by two brothers.

Last edited: