Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m with egg ........ Dominator looks fantastic !!

I’ve got a bunch of oil to use up, but when I’m ready for more ............

That being said, I’m VERY curious how Shaffers 7000 does. It’s been unbelievable for me so far. I ran it exclusively for the 3120 milling, and in a little while, I’ll be pulling the cylinder off so I can Kevorize it

I’m looking forward to seeing how it looks

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m with egg ........ Dominator looks fantastic !!

I’ve got a bunch of oil to use up, but when I’m ready for more ............

That being said, I’m VERY curious how Shaffers 7000 does. It’s been unbelievable for me so far. I ran it exclusively for the 3120 milling, and in a little while, I’ll be pulling the cylinder off so I can Kevorize it

I’m looking forward to seeing how it looks
I ran a gallon 40/1 schaeffers through a 372
That's all I had time to do.
With a china 50mm 10.00 ebay special cylinder
And a 3.00 268 huztl with a popup
Started at 172ish comp still has 172 comp
It likes to be tuned very lean.
The muffler has no residue at all
And the piston still pristine
No deposits anywhere in the ring groove.
That's with a caber f cast ring the ring you cannot
Run in am cylinders the experts say.
I'm staying with schaeffers it would've
Fried by now if it was going to.
4 gallons through other saws 266xp mostly.
https://www.ebay.com/i/174067293550...YLaMuBPtMNQCiJ_eTTkkNQpbdJNH9pgkaAgl8EALw_wcB
Here's the best price I found.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran a gallon 40/1 schaeffers through a 372
That's all I had time to do.
With a china 50mm 10.00 ebay special cylinder
And a 3.00 268 huztl with a popup
Started at 172ish comp still has 172 comp
It likes to be tuned very lean.
The muffler has no residue at all
And the piston still pristine
No deposits anywhere in the ring groove.
That's with a caber f cast ring the ring you cannot
Run in am cylinders the experts say.
I'm staying with schaeffers it would've
Fried by now if it was going to.
4 gallons through other saws 266xp mostly.
https://www.ebay.com/i/174067293550...YLaMuBPtMNQCiJ_eTTkkNQpbdJNH9pgkaAgl8EALw_wcB
Here's the best price I found.
Don't let the secret get out that some of these cheap Chinese pistons and cylinders actually run very well. There are some on here that bad mouth them and try to start arguments when people talk about how good they run.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't let the secret get out that some of these cheap Chinese pistons and cylinders actually run very well. There are some on here that bad mouth them and try to start arguments when people talk about how good they run.

I've used 40-50 over the year's
Just some port cleanup in a few or some sharp
Edges.
Excessive squish is common
Usually run popups or have the base trimmed.
I don't recommend them anymore
No consistency most won't do a little cleanup before installing they just *b-word.
The 372bb hyways have been great runner's.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The quality control is nil on their stuff. They just don't care.
You can have them all and run them. Lol..
Completely agree. That's why I said SOME of them run good. They are hit and miss. I bought one of the 52mm 372 kits and the squish is more than it should be but it runs extremely well with no base gasket.

unionvillecountryboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so what is a decent summation? I was reading through this over the winter and only got 140 pages in. I have been running yamalube, no issues but havent pulled cylinder. But I was leaning towards k2 cause it smells good in bikes. Then I was watching redbull661 shcafferes tear downs and was very impressed. Like is said yamalube works but got this overthinking thing going on in my life so help me out

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so what is a decent summation? I was reading through this over the winter and only got 140 pages in. I have been running yamalube, no issues but havent pulled cylinder. But I was leaning towards k2 cause it smells good in bikes. Then I was watching redbull661 shcafferes tear downs and was very impressed. Like is said yamalube works but got this overthinking thing going on in my life so help me out
Buy what makes economical sense for you
That was red armor for me.
Before they stuck their heads up their asses
And doubled the price.
If you like rebuilding saws run stihl ultra.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was oxygenated 110 octane stuff with alcohol in it. That was the only explanation I could find after tear down and then losing compression. Maybe 2 weeks of sitting between uses. Neither were acting like they were tuned lean and one was 1500 under spec milling and the other was auto tune
That makes sense K2 won't mix well with much alcohol, I had a similar thing happen with R50, it too doesn't like alcohol. When I start playing with funny fuel I use 927 or Klotz original techniplate. Had some fuel from Ed Herd that would only stay mixed long enough to make a few cuts, it didn't like the sunlight too much, lots of oxygen in that mix. Few other things I've played around with not in the pic[emoji6], some of it works some makes you slower as you know, and you have to find the right balance.

13802455e6a8cc09eab37bb5e4ffded7.jpg

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 6pack of ultra when I bought my trimmer to double the warranty. I used it up but will never buy anymore. I ordered a quart of saber online for $12 plus $10 shipping. Won't do that again either. I've used about half of it. When I finish it, I'm going to use up some samples that Maxima sent me then probably switching to dominator if I can find it locally.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand the smell thing, but if Yamalube is working no reason to jump ship.

unionvillecountryboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand the smell thing, but if Yamalube is working no reason to jump ship.
Well the yamaha dealer got tore down to make way for an interstate upgrade and theres a kawi dealer that has 927 but no K, so I'm going to order some. Since I'm ordering I figured K2 or Schaeffers. A quart will last me a season so no issue.... but the redbull 661 teardown and tree monkey advocating makes me happy haha. Is the 7000 TCW3 stuff what they use? It says full syn now but posts from a few years ago say the schaeffers was semi.

tomscott

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been using K2 for five years, 89 e-free, everything runs fabulous. Fuel stored properly in sealed can, sometimes fuel gets mixed late in the fall and sits until spring, no issues, no separation, runs fine. I'm just a firewood guy, so no tear-down inspections, but no reason to suspect a problem.

I'm due for more oil, so with some concern for storage, I've just gotten some Super M in to try. Also reading Maxima's quotes in articles, it sounds like the Super M should be a little more forgiving on tuning, but all my stuff has run fantastic on K2.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Keith Gandy

Got you some Blue Marble today. Only had pints on the shelves right now. Got one for you, another fella on here and one for more testing. They also sell Maxima, Klotz, Yamalube and I think one other oil there. Kinda cool for a hardware / ope store to sell those. Power sports is a big deal up that way and the owners are big into sleds.
Thank u sir!