What oil is best? and what ratio?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn’t someone say there gonna stop making that?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have nothing against 32:1 in saws just think it runs too rich and doesn’t burn off as good in the smaller equipment (tophandles, weedeaters and leafblowers). So I just run 40:1 to keep it simple with one gas can for all my two strokes. I’m sure it depends on the oil you use because some are thinner than others.

Sig226y

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've ran Hp2 and Yamalube at 40:1 in my makita 4300 and stihl 261 and they seem to run great and rev quik. Little tiny amount of smoke at startup and clear right out. Recently got hooked up with a dolmar 421 and it to will get the same oil but thinking of going 36:1 on all 3 since its so easy with my ratiorite. Back in the late 80s and early 90s i rode alot of 2stroke bikes and Yamalube always worked great in those too. I started out with the ultra for my 261 but after the first tank i thought it had a loud smell too it, got some VP too but not ran any yet.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yessir. Thus my post saying do not use white toilet paper. We had a couple of hunters get shot by their own friends who mistook their arse wiping for a white tail deer. [emoji20]
Got me beat how this can happen I've been shooting and hunting since I was 6 and the 1st thing my old man drilled in to me was above all eles identify your target there is no such thing as an accident with a firearm only stupidity.......

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
4:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got me beat how this can happen I've been shooting and hunting since I was 6 and the 1st thing my old man drilled in to me was above all eles identify your target there is no such thing as an accident with a firearm only stupidity.......

If I could like this comment more then once I would. I completely agree!!!!

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not only identify your target, but what's beyond it!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Crap like this is why I started muzzleloader hunting back in the mid 80s when we lived in the mountains of northern New Mexico

I just wanted away from the yahoos

Even back then the first days of regular gun season were like the gunfight at the OK Corral and it only got worse as time went by

When I was a kid we always laughed at the pictures of those "stupid people" back east in Outdoor Life Magazine that were dressed up in their ridiculous red and orange plaid hunting gear with their huge license holders pinned on like a runners jersey while we were running around out in the west in full camo trying to look like an innocent clump of brush

Well, I freely admit now that I was WRONG and if I had lived back east I prolly would have either worn neon green or stayed home and I am fully surprised I never got shot

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crap like this is why I started muzzleloader hunting back in the mid 80s when we lived in the mountains of northern New Mexico

I just wanted away from the yahoos

Even back then the first days of regular gun season were like the gunfight at the OK Corral and it only got worse as time went by

When I was a kid we always laughed at the pictures of those "stupid people" back east in Outdoor Life Magazine that were dressed up in their ridiculous red and orange plaid hunting gear with their huge license holders pinned on like a runners jersey while we were running around out in the west in full camo trying to look like an innocent clump of brush

Well, I freely admit now that I was WRONG and if I had lived back east I prolly would have either worn neon green or stayed home and I am fully surprised I never got shot

Yes I'm lucky here we don't have a deer season so there is mad rush now duck season that's a hole new level of dcik head season .....

Last edited:

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
5:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have nothing against 32:1 in saws just think it runs too rich and doesn’t burn off as good in the smaller equipment (tophandles, weedeaters and leafblowers). So I just run 40:1 to keep it simple with one gas can for all my two strokes. I’m sure it depends on the oil you use because some are thinner than others.
I have to admit that 25:1 will wet the muffler pretty much. But 32:1 i got dry muffler and wet piston and when torn apart the bottom is really wet. That's what i like.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dressed up in their ridiculous red and orange plaid hunting gear with their huge license holders pinned on like a runners jersey while we were running around out in the west in full camo
That was all required by law. Still have to wear hunter orange, but not required to wear as much as before. Also, don't have to wear back tags anymore