High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

TYM and Mahindra Tractors...Got a John Deere Instead!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like the shuttle
I’ve never run one but it seems like a pretty nice set up. It’s just moving a lever at idle then throttle back up with the foot throttle. Sounds pretty easy and quick compared to shifting gears

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never run one but it seems like a pretty nice set up. It’s just moving a lever at idle then throttle back up with the foot throttle. Sounds pretty easy and quick compared to shifting gears
It’s crisp. There’s not really a learning curve. You’ll see why I like it over hydrostatic

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just spit a little coffee out my nose. Barn jigsaw is always fun. FWIW, I have a stack of about 1500 board-ft of lumber in my barn. I hate when I have to move that around by hand. Ugh.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just spit a little coffee out my nose. Barn jigsaw is always fun. FWIW, I have a stack of about 1500 board-ft of lumber in my barn. I hate when I have to move that around by hand. Ugh.
I too spit some coffee when I realized what I had ahead of me. I put my lumber out under my awning hoping to never have to move it again...wrong! Now I have to give the lumber a different home to make room for the ATV's that are in the barn that need to be deployed elsewhere so the tractor will fit, it never ends. Makes me want to just have a bonfire.....but I can't waste good lumber. The way things go I would need it no less than a week after getting rid of it...LOL

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing like a forced barn reorganization to make you realize just how much space you have. Moved 2 ATVs and a Farmall Super A out to the awning and put away all my wood working stuff. The awning is still a train wreck from my lumber pile but I decided to tackle that mess in the spring since I was able to squeeze everything in there. I’ve got 27 feet of usable space in front of my old Chevy, should be plenty and give ample room up front for working on small stuff like saws. Test drive tomorrow!!!!!!
71FC1AE0-8ABD-4F98-B91D-6D0F73413F81.jpeg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well gents here it is! Ran like a champ during the 25 mile drive and it doesn’t smoke AT ALL. Had to put in ear plugs half way home, loud little bugger. Lol! VERY excited to have gotten it, going to put the chains back on tomorrow and play with the bucket in the snow. It’s gonna clean up nice, the oxidation on the hood comes off with water, it might just be a layer of dust. Happy happy happy!!!!!!!:):):):):D:D:D:b1::headbang::hello:

E0FA8DEA-3D2D-468F-86C1-F2BA03F6D07F.jpeg F6791C17-6067-4EC3-B385-7956A7B8BE5D.jpeg 7629CF2A-72D5-44BC-B856-3889D78118AC.jpeg 221FE2BC-5139-41D3-B6B9-DA2E21D901AC.jpeg

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice looking my tractor. I can't tell for sure, but that may not be the correct muffler. Is it oval or round? What shape is the hole in the hood? Shoup, Abilene, Stiner, and other parts suppliers should have anything you need for her. Those mufflers get burned out on the inside and get loud like that. If it is the flange style outlet, make sure and get a new clamp. Or just order the chrome straight pipe!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice looking my tractor. I can't tell for sure, but that may not be the correct muffler. Is it oval or round? What shape is the hole in the hood? Shoup, Abilene, Stiner, and other parts suppliers should have anything you need for her. Those mufflers get burned out on the inside and get loud like that. If it is the flange style outlet, make sure and get a new clamp. Or just order the chrome straight pipe!
The muffler is oval, hood is the same.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s like a service manual isn’t it? The noise your likely gonna deal with. It’s not so bad. Cool peice. Probably a good one. Something near that new would cost a left testical
Yup it’s a service manual. Nice to have. And thanks, I really like it:)

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That service manual is worth a couple hundred easy. If we purchase new tractors for work, I always put in the specs that it is to come with operators and service/technical manuals. They always seem to "forget". The last tech manual I bought for a newer JD was $800.
You bet! I was very happy to get it. I thought I was only getting an operators manual, very nice bonus. Question for you given your 301a experience. Should I be able to take off using the clutch with the engine revved up and the reverser lever in Forward or reverse? What is the “proper” way to operate this machine? Leave the clutch alone and just use the reverser unless changing between high and low range?