High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Being tractor poor, I needed a modern one.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
6:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm in the "look out for" a tractor as well . Of course Kubota is tops on the list but we have a Kioti dealer near by. All the numbers of the competing Kioti are better then the Kubota EXCEPT for resale. Damn the Kioti don't hold squat for resale value. Anybody have any real world experience with Kioti ? Also I've been told buy the kubota and buy it new as when you tire of it or find out you need a bigger one selling the kubota for the almost same damn amount you bought it for a few years later makes it hard not to do.

I had a 65 hp 4x4 with cab and loader. It wasn’t as nice as a Kubota but the price used was a lot better. The main hydraulic pump went out and was replaced under warranty at 350 hours on it. After that no problems at all with it. It had a Perkins engine in it that ran forever on a Tank of fuel. @Hedgerow has one as well minus the cab.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a 65 hp 4x4 with cab and loader. It wasn’t as nice as a Kubota but the price used was a lot better. The main hydraulic pump went out and was replaced under warranty at 350 hours on it. After that no problems at all with it. It had a Perkins engine in it that ran forever on a Tank of fuel. @Hedgerow has one as well minus the cab.
At least we know it has a good engine. I don’t know why Massey dropped them. I guess since they never wear out nobody was buying new ones.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm in the "look out for" a tractor as well . Of course Kubota is tops on the list but we have a Kioti dealer near by. All the numbers of the competing Kioti are better then the Kubota EXCEPT for resale. Damn the Kioti don't hold squat for resale value. Anybody have any real world experience with Kioti ? Also I've been told buy the kubota and buy it new as when you tire of it or find out you need a bigger one selling the kubota for the almost same damn amount you bought it for a few years later makes it hard not to do.
Kioti looks like a farmer tech Kubota.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least we know it has a good engine. I don’t know why Massey dropped them. I guess since they never wear out nobody was buying new ones.

I was told back 10-12 years ago they bought an old Kubota factory and all the extra parts left there and then used them. Mine had a 4x4 transmission with shuttle. The outside 3 point hitch controls were awesome hooking up implements.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a compact Case International and was able to score a set of wheel spacers form a guy in Nevada who uses Hauss CNC machine to make them out of a solid piece. Has them up to 4", I got 3.5" myself.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2300 hours and counting...

This DK65S has spent 3 years packing a bunker silo then 2 years running a 60’ spray rig, then 5 more clearing fence rows..
best starting diesel I got...

I broke it in with a 4 bottom plow on the field across the road. Handled it better than the 4020 for sure.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This DK65S has spent 3 years packing a bunker silo then 2 years running a 60’ spray rig, then 5 more clearing fence rows..

I broke it in with a 4 bottom plow on the field across the road. Handled it better than the 4020 for sure.

Still on the first tank too??? :)

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish..

Why don't you have a loader tractor yet Thomas?
You're supposed to be cornering the firewood market in Muskogee..
You need a loader.

Remember my wood lot? That is my Dad's property. He is talking about selling it soon. Soooo, I haven't been cutting because I don't have anywhere to store my wood anymore. A friend offered me his place but it is a 20-25 minute drive away; and, I don't want to take customers (that I do not know) to his place. I'd like to buy a piece of property, but it would have to be the right location and the right price; and i hate shopping for land and stuff.

Iggy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did buy one, lk3054. Very happy with it, would never go with 2wd, they certainly have their place but I have alot of mud and we get alot of snow, i didn't make it 10 minutes in 2wd. Only thing i don't like about it is that the tires aren't loaded, makes a big difference but again that's all what you're doing with it.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Perkins are ussually easy to start. I am impressed that it would handle a 4 bottom well. Never used a kioti and haven’t operated a Kubota since the early 2000s. Then Kubota made a good tractor for average farm use but didn’t have the ass to pull plows.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perkins are ussually easy to start. I am impressed that it would handle a 4 bottom well. Never used a kioti and haven’t operated a Kubota since the early 2000s. Then Kubota made a good tractor for average farm use but didn’t have the ass to pull plows.

Kubota used to use a lot of small piston engines to gain displacement. They did lack torque. I think they’ve changed that the last decade or so. My other gripe with Asian tractors has been the narrow front tires on the 4x4 tractors.