ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yes. So I dont really post anymore in the German Motorsägen-Forum. I'm not a Echo Fan Boy. Like you see on my Youtube chanel, I have had saws from Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar, Fuxtec and Echo. All saws have there pros and cons.

I ve the Echo 680 and 8002 for testing. I would never buy these saws because they are totally stocked in 1970 :D Also the Echo 620 isnt as light and fast as a 562XP - but the 620 wont brake if you used it at 32° in the summer ;)

LG

I’ve got a fuxtec 162 had it for 5 years it’s a good strong saw but annoying vibes through the handle

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

thanks to all. I would wrote much more about the saw - but my english isnt so good. So If you have a question, let me know. I try to answer it.

It have a rubber AV System. Springs would be better.

Because of Echo 501 VS 390, let me show the weight comparession. No Bar on the Saw, Fuel and Oil Tank is full on both. The 390 ve the Kat removed.

390etptz.jpg

501gzp92.jpg

So, a little of Topic: My Echo 620 SX, 390 SX and 501SXH are now running for 1 up to 2 years with now fail. Nothing, really nothing got broken. Dont know this is possible. There will be a new Video of my 501 and 620 in the next few weeks if you are interested.

img_20170601_093728g8cxe.jpg

Lg

Always interested always good too see different saws and different opinions

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 620p has always interested me. The 590 and 600 are cool and all... but the 620 is *the* version to have with the better carb and coil. I just can’t get past that silly bar mount pattern. I guess one could run stihl bars with a adapter. Which sort of makes that justifiable. It is also slightly porky for its class, but if that means more durable... I don’t really care about half a lb or whatever it is. Maybe I’m just trying to talk myself into one. Lol

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 620p has always interested me. The 590 and 600 are cool and all... but the 620 is *the* version to have with the better carb and coil. I just can’t get past that silly bar mount pattern. I guess one could run stihl bars with a adapter. Which sort of makes that justifiable. It is also slightly porky for its class, but if that means more durable... I don’t really care about half a lb or whatever it is. Maybe I’m just trying to talk myself into one. Lol
If you get one, let me know what you think.

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you get one, let me know what you think.

I got one, but yesterday I broke the ... Dont know how its called. So, for now I ve vacations. I think in October there will be a 620 Review. I like the saw a lot. Would be cool If Echo make a 75ccm Version of it.

For now:
- You can run D009 Bars and Stihlbars with the D009 adapter.
- I had a 590 before my 620SX. The 620 wont make a different. And you cant compare those saws. The 620 is a loot smother, tune up faster and cuts like 562XP Husqvarna but with more torque (and weight)

whatsappimage2018-09y5cie.jpeg

I’ve got a fuxtec 162 had it for 5 years it’s a good strong saw but annoying vibes through the handle

You are right. Its not a Pro saw for every day use. But still better than a Stihl Ms 171. A year ago I made a Video. Normally its private, but I think its okay to post it hier. Notice: The Fuxtec is Ported. Its a Oregon Speed Cut bar.

@sfg.Foley some people who's first language being English dont use it as well as you. Do not feel uncomfortable posting here, we are happy to have members from across the pond! By the way, I enjoy your videos very much!

Thank you so much :)

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@sfg.Foley
hi foley, nice topic.
Are all the echo saws still stock or did. Stephan ported them?

We all want to see videos from the other two saws as well.

It is a pity that you no more write something in the motorsägen-portal. it is always nice to read there info from a professional :)

if you do not buy the 680 and 8002, what big saw are you currently using?
or which one would you buy?

Hi,

all my Echos are Stock. The 390SX have just the Kat removed.

Well, you know If you tell someone like "***-owner" some stuff about saws and you get spammed for 10 days with Pns, you would stop writing. To be honest, I think that in recent years the users in the MS-Forum have become more and more stupid and ignorant. You might have noticed that too. You've been here for a while.

Well, its not easy to make a choice in the 70-80ccm range. Normly I would say: 461 still the best saw you can buy, because the new 462 is more like a 60ccm saw. Nothing for larger bar size because the saw dont have torque with low RPM. The new 572XP Husqvarna is as heavy as the Stihl 461, have less ccm and less torque. If you like Husqvarna more then Stihl, better go with the 576XP than with the 572XP.

Lg

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread. I think your experiences highlight the principle that the operator is often more important than the tool. You are really getting a lot of work out of that saw. It's always nice to hear about saws and experiences from around the world. FWIW, I picked up a "Husqvarna" 543 XP NIB for about 1/2 retail a couple years ago. It is made in Japan and I believe be Shindiawa.(?) It's a fine little saw and cuts pretty quickly with the narrow kerf bar and chain. Too bad it is priced so ridiculously high in the US.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread. I think your experiences highlight the principle that the operator is often more important than the tool. You are really getting a lot of work out of that saw. It's always nice to hear about saws and experiences from around the world. FWIW, I picked up a "Husqvarna" 543 XP NIB for about 1/2 retail a couple years ago. It is made in Japan and I believe be Shindiawa.(?) It's a fine little saw and cuts pretty quickly with the narrow kerf bar and chain. Too bad it is priced so ridiculously high in the US.

It's a Zenoah or Red max I think.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

thanks to all. I would wrote much more about the saw - but my english isnt so good. So If you have a question, let me know. I try to answer it.

It have a rubber AV System. Springs would be better.

Because of Echo 501 VS 390, let me show the weight comparession. No Bar on the Saw, Fuel and Oil Tank is full on both. The 390 ve the Kat removed.

390etptz.jpg

501gzp92.jpg

So, a little of Topic: My Echo 620 SX, 390 SX and 501SXH are now running for 1 up to 2 years with now fail. Nothing, really nothing got broken. Dont know this is possible. There will be a new Video of my 501 and 620 in the next few weeks if you are interested.

img_20170601_093728g8cxe.jpg

Lg

Is there any chance I can get you to weigh those both without fuel or oil so I have the power head weights for posterity in the chainsaw weight gallery?

http://www.pbase.com/wyk/unofficial_chainsaw_weight_gallery

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@sfg.Foley
Hi Foley,
does your saws still run without any trouble?
Can you give us a short update about them?
Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr :)

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up with an Echo CS390ESX not long ago. I haven't got much time on it, though. So can't really speak on the longevity yet. But it is pretty impressive for such a small saw, and I do not baby it. Echos have very aggressive timing advance in the mid range, so the things pull rather well buried in wood.

Instead of going the LoPro option, I ended up going the NK way. Which is also often called Lo Pro 325 nowadays. I run a 15" bar with 95TXL chain. It retains the cutting edge better, cuts smoother than 3/8LP, and I can use the same chain when I carve or do smaller work with the carving bar on the Echo. One thing to bear in mind with the 390 is it has no circlip on the sprocket. So you have to use an impact driver or something to stop the piston if you want to swap sprockets. An odd design as it looks to me there's plenty of room for it on this saw. Another reason I elected to stick with 325, as it is also smoother on a carving bar than 3/8LP.

168560072.Qc9bV2ev.390esx_carver.JPG

Although it appears similar to the 500 series, it is built on the new Shindaiwa 3 series chassis(because it is a Shindaiwa, of course). So it weighs nearly one and a half pounds less than the 501SX, and a full pound less than the MS241 when the cat is removed. But the real advantage is it is a tiny saw as well it's weight. Smaller than any other 40cc option rear handled saw, yet cuts rather well. Instead of replacing the exhaust with a 501 muffler, I split the 390's muffler and removed the cat - very easy to do as it appears to be made of mild stainless steel, similar to newer Stihl saws(maybe 304 or 316 series, I would guess). So it should last a good while like most modern Echo exhausts.

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@sfg.Foley
Hi Foley,
does your saws still run without any trouble?
Can you give us a short update about them?
Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr :)

Hi, a few month ago I finished my Master in Forestry so for now I mostly dont cut woods down. I now mark the wood who is cut down so I cant tell you anything new about the 390. Sorry.

@OOwhk: Nice to see other guys like the 390 as I do.

Lg