High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Thoughts on aftermarket parts

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I see your point Bikemike... In my years of playing with, rebuilding, and hopping up my old ATC's, I have found that most aftermarket stuff is of very good quality and you can buy with confidence. Seems like motorsports really draws in good businesses that make quality products. I think the difference is that with motorsports, you are dealing with peoples' babies, their hobbies, the things they want to spend money on for the fun of it and to make it "better". I think it's even fair to say that the competition for your dollar is much stiffer in the motorsports AM parts world than in saw AM parts world.

With saws, I'd say the vast majority of saw owners see them as just another tool, and there isn't anything wrong with that... But unlike motorsports, alot of people just need to get their saw up and running again so they can get back to making their living. I think this is probably why a good amount of AM parts for saws are more questionable. There are definitely some good ones, Meteor being the first that comes to mind for me. But I haven't yet really seen the ESR, Trinity, LED, Lonestar, Durablue, CT Racing, etc etc of the saw world. ;)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I see your point Bikemike... In my years of playing with, rebuilding, and hopping up my old ATC's, I have found that most aftermarket stuff is of very good quality and you can buy with confidence. Seems like motorsports really draws in good businesses that make quality products. I think the difference is that with motorsports, you are dealing with peoples' babies, their hobbies, the things they want to spend money on for the fun of it and to make it "better". I think it's even fair to say that the competition for your dollar is much stiffer in the motorsports AM parts world than in saw AM parts world.

With saws, I'd say the vast majority of saw owners see them as just another tool, and there isn't anything wrong with that... But unlike motorsports, alot of people just need to get their saw up and running again so they can get back to making their living. I think this is probably why a good amount of AM parts for saws are more questionable. There are definitely some good ones, Meteor being the first that comes to mind for me. But I haven't yet really seen the ESR, Trinity, LED, Lonestar, Durablue, CT Racing, etc etc of the saw world. ;)
Bought a clutch side cover for 350...346 that was a good alloy casting even though it had EM original on it ..it wasn't sold as OEM ! ! regardless ..I subbed over real OEM brake band and mechanism out of the cracked one from the 346 i had and.. jobs a good un.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score

The way I se it and like you know you can buy after market parts. Honda don't sell a good flat track cam. But other companies do and they will turn a engine around from midrange to top end. So my echo I plan on delimbing, fire wood bucking once in a while. But if I bought the saw for 6 bucks and spent more on a bar n chain then might as well have fun with it. Plus it's a conversation starter

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about thoughts on new Mahle piston and cylinders. Casting looks different to me, markings different in location and size. Has the quality dropped along with price. Hyway $99 cylinder and piston looks as good or better. Only have purchased 372 kits, what do the others look like?

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't agree more with the comparison to bike/quad parts. I hope we push these shoddy company's out and get to keep good ones like most of the haway, Meteor, farmer tech, and others that want to grow and supply good parts not just make money.