These Next Few Weeks...

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
8:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm really glad that mom didn't suffer an extended illness. All arrangements are taken care of, and there will be no services. Mom didn't want any.....and her wishes will be followed to a tee.
Sorry for ya'lls loss Randy ...

Sawhawgz, ruining the internet since 2012...

Reedo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about this Randy. Its good to hear your mother didn’t have to suffer too long. That makes it so much harder when it is drawn out over time. My uncle fought cancer unsuccessfully for over a year before he passed. Another uncle recently overcame stage 4 lung cancer after a year he recently got a clean report from the doctor. This hits home with me. Praying for you and your family sir.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not at all what I was hoping to see Randy. I’m glad she did not suffer very long. A very courageous and steadfast woman it sounds like.
My sister and I took my mother off life support a couple years ago, she passed as she was being showered with love from us.
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry sir. If I can help you and your family please let me know.
I will be praying for you all.

My older brother is handling many of the details. The little things to some maybe, but to us they are huge. Like what to do with clothes, pictures, dishes, etc.

Please pray for Phil Evans. He needs strength.

Thank you all for the prayers, well wishes, good vibes.....

Again, I'm a lucky man to have you guys as friends.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My older brother is handling many of the details. The little things to some maybe, but to us they are huge. Like what to do with clothes, pictures, dishes, etc.

On the picture front, after my grandmother passed my uncle scanned all the photos then uploaded the to a digital picture thingy for each family. That way everyone had the pics from back in the good ol days.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad it was quick and she didn't have to suffer long.

I lost my uncle to pancreatic cancer 3 years, after his diagnosis he fought for 10 months even though there was really no hope. It was a painful process that I wouldn't wish on anyone. He just wanted to live long enough to setup his family for their life without him, even in the end he put others first.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the picture front, after my grandmother passed my uncle scanned all the photos then uploaded the to a digital picture thingy for each family. That way everyone had the pics from back in the good ol days.

We each took our family photos that we had given to mom over the years with us. The historical photos are being copied.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Not having lost anyone close to us in quite a few years, the tremendous amount of things to take care of after the passing was way more than I had ever imagined.
And Dad is still with us -- after being married almost 60 year and losing his best friend, its quite a challenge. I will be praying for Phil, I know what he is facing.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It's a very tedious and time consuming affair...I know first hand. Some time's you'd rather pull your own teeth. I'm sure things will get handled the best way possible.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We're keeping your family in our prayers.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry too hear the sad news Boss prayers and best wishes sent too you and all your family

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for the loss of your mother Randy. Sorry I was late to the thread somehow I missed it.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read mom's obituary today.......and pretty much lost it. I've cried most of the day. The reality of her passing is really setting in now. Today is her sister Fran's birthday. She told me that her and mom talked everyday, and sometimes twice a day.......not getting a phone call from mom today for her birthday really messed her up. I know.....it gets better. Looking forward to that.

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read mom's obituary today.......and pretty much lost it. I've cried most of the day. The reality of her passing is really setting in now. Today is her sister Fran's birthday. She told me that her and mom talked everyday, and sometimes twice a day.......not getting a phone call from mom today for her birthday really messed her up. I know.....it gets better. Looking forward to that.
well do you like this post or not like this post.nobody likes ,likes this post alot of us have lost mom . but we all want to comfort those in sorrow. we all want to say we are very very very sorry for the loss of mother . we all pray for you and the family.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Understand this very well. Some days a thought will jar a memory and the tears will come again. I am thankful for the good memories, it still hurts because she is gone. No one can replace her.
Praying for you and your family.