Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're in our thoughts Randy. Lost my mom from cancer when I was 12 and still have rough days over it. They say the good Lord Knows Best he's in charge.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking of you and your family Randy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I always have a hard time when I loose someone close to me. Not looking forward to when my mom and dad have to go. Have to keep the faith and remember the good times. I think of my grandpa everytime I get to do some wood working and whenever I cook something I feel my grandma getting ready to smack my hand for snitching a sample before it's ready.

Take care and God bless you and your family.

Steven

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,

Anything I could possibly say just seems completely inadequate. Prayers through these trying times and don't forget that we are all here for you. You have my number, call anytime.

Joe

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this, spend as much time as you can with her!!!

I'll give my Mom an extra hug!!!

Peace

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom always wanted to donate her body to a university. We received news this morning that UNC at Chapel Hill accepted her into their cadaver program. We were afraid they wouldn't take her if she lost too much weight. Well, she knew that was a factor as well, and I think that was one of the reasons she refused pain meds and food.

She was a strong woman who did what she said she would.....right up to the very end.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom always wanted to donate her body to a university. We received news this morning that UNC at Chapel Hill accepted her into their cadaver program. We were afraid they wouldn't take her if she lost too much weight. Well, she knew that was a factor as well, and I think that was one of the reasons she refused pain meds and food.

She was a strong woman who did what she said she would.....right up to the very end.

That is a great thing your mom did. The students that will learn because of her donation will save thousands of lives creating an everlasting trail of your moms generousity.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, I was saddened to hear about the passing of your mother, Blacksmith told me about it the other day.

You and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers buddy.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That awesome on her part!

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sad thread to read through Randy.

Some people think, the day of one’s death, is better than the day of one’s birth.

Meaning you can look back and reflect on all the good things that they have done, during their life's, the name they made for themselves, positive things that they have accomplished.

Where as on the day your born you have no established reputation, the slate is totally blank. They have not made a name for themselves yet, positive or a negative.

----

My mom was diagnosed with cancer in her lymph nodes over a year ago. She is not going through chemo after watching chemo, eat up her older brother & younger sister, she is fighting it with new age medicine, and she is doing better then expected. I make time to talk with her a several times a week.

My thoughts are with you Randy!!

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry for your loss Randy. Please send my condolences to your family as well.

Your mother must have been very brave to donate herself to medicine like that. It's very admirable, not something I can say that anyone I've known has done. I'm sure her strength in life and in passing makes you very proud.