Its fun watching him try to start it with no fuel,

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never seen Hecht before. Whereas our local Stihl dealers carry Stiga.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These saws are much more imitations, instead of clones, in my opinion. I would love if some of the parts are compatible with the OEM Dolmar and Makita saws, though. Anyone who knows me, even a little bit, knows that these saws are what makes me tick in the saw world. In my little collection there is probably 80-90% Dolmar and Makita. Unfortunately Makita never seemed really invested in letting Dolmar innovate as a brand, and taking them into the future. There are saws that were ready for production that never made it to market.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stiga Dealers Ireland.jpg
Seens to be a lot of Stiga dealers in Ireland, Stiga parts though could be a different
issue, they all like to sell you the saw in a box, and your usually on your own after
that, the east europeans that use stiga will probably have more parts available as
they seem to repair these saws, money to buy another one is probably not as easy
to get in their areas, rip off Ireland on the other hand is a different story.

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These saws are much more imitations, instead of clones, in my opinion. I would love if some of the parts are compatible with the OEM Dolmar and Makita saws, though. Anyone who knows me, even a little bit, knows that these saws are what makes me tick in the saw world. In my little collection there is probably 80-90% Dolmar and Makita. Unfortunately Makita never seemed really invested in letting Dolmar innovate as a brand, and taking them into the future. There are saws that were ready for production that never made it to market.

So you have had one of these new Stigas before you?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found the perfect usage for my Makita UC250D - dismantling cheap furniture my mom brings into the house and then doesn't use nor like after all.
Makes me happy though, this pressed wood chip crap burns like crazy so I mix it with far from dry turkey oak bark.
My shop is HOT!!!
I am getting to like this little bugger.

IMG_20230127_180859.jpg IMG_20230127_181600.jpg

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So you have had one of these new Stigas before you?
You got it right when you called the Efco a plastic fantastic, I really can not see how
these Stiga saws could be any worse, the plastic on the Efco is as brittle as I would
ever wish on anyone.
I see a lot of video online with eastern european people rebuilding these stigas after what looks
like lots of work, the plastics are still in one piece, the engines look no more damaged than
the ones I see of other comparable brands, just piston and cylinder and they are back in action
again. They do have the old Echo issue though, more weighty than their competitors.

The main reason I do not want to buy one and tear it down is, which one do you go for,
I have a feeling the 52cc version is open port but am not sure,
same with the 45cc version, and there is also the unknown performace difference
between the two, there is a real possability the smaller cc version is just as powerfull
as the 52cc version, did Makita / Dolmar make a 52cc saw, if not then what did Stiga
copy.
I want to try porting so would rather have a closed port cylinder, and parts availability
for when I mess it all up.

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This right here. I still wonder why Makita ever bought Dolmar in the first place given there is not a huge amount of overlap between their markets. All I can think of is that, given how strong Makita is in construction, they wanted to give Stihl some serious competition in the cut off saw market and buying someone that already made them was the easiest way to do it.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mean can we get 'Hecht' saws here? Apparently they are Czech.
I've never heard of them, and they apparently are only in the magyar and czech republics.
SOS Ridge seems to believe they are an exact dolmar copy...
Just for the record, I do not think the Hecht saws are exact copies of Dolmars. The pic I posted was only to show another saw that kind of looks like a Dolmar.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening Sondre youve made some good points above , another set of eyes and veiws on the situation these saws caught my eye the other week and I’ve been hoping
And wanting the brand too live on in another colour “ getting carried away ha ha

there are a few signs in there if you look closely there’s a decomp on the 5 series
And there 52cc also a primer / Purge button the old style muffler from 10- 15yrs ago
And the generic description of the saw sounds the same as the rest made in
The land of the rising sun

the parts diagram has used the Dolmar 9 letter numbers plus a zero
And the makita 7 letter numbers plus a zero

i can’t wait to see what parts interchange as there cheaper and hopefully
Available
Thanks for being respectful and understanding Andrew.
The part number situation is definitely interesting, and like I said, I’d be delighted if these parts would be compatible or even the same.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for being respectful and understanding Andrew.
The part number situation is definitely interesting, and like I said, I’d be delighted if these parts would be compatible or even the same.
I am hoping the same, even if it was only coil flywheel, cylinder or piston
would be great too, the more the better. That 52 cc Stiga, can't help wonder whether
its based on, the Makita 5121 or the Makita DCS5030.
Does anyone know what parts are interchangeable between the Makita 5121 and the Makita 5030 saws.

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I understand there must have been some uncertainty about Dolmar’s future already in the late 1980’s before Makita acquired them. The mom and pop Stihl dealer here had told me they originally sold Sachs-Dolmar back in the day but changed suits to Stihl at that time. After owned by Makita a farm implement dealer here took on Dolmar until about 10 years ago then went out business. The mom and pop store is now no longer a Stihl dealer and sell Echo. Time changes everything.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only shop that I have ever seen that sold strictly Dolmar OPE was a little country store that sold everything from groceries to guns, and I doubt they moved many of them. All the other dealers sold Dolmar as a sideline to Stihl/Husky/Echo.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am hoping the same, even if it was only coil flywheel, cylinder or piston
would be great too, the more the better. That 52 cc Stiga, can't help wonder whether
its based on, the Makita 5121 or the Makita DCS5030.
Does anyone know what parts are interchangeable between the Makita 5121 and the Makita 5030 saws.

All parts are interchangeable but if you start mixing coils and flywheels from the
Proffi to the farmers model you’ll get running issues