Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cows and sheep most of it is government grant fencing
We use 47/48" woven with 1-2 barbs on top and hot wires. Sometimes 6 or 7 strands of barb but some use 5, I have seen calves dive through a 5 strand ......well hell that cow I was talking about before would just doze through a 5 strand but then again she would doze through anything.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The woven wire is 32”
When we still had hogs outside we ran 32" with a couple bars or 39" without. You always ran one barb on the bottom also but I am not sure it ever help. Electric is essential with hogs and cattle

As for your soil clay is bad. We have it here but we also have sand. I hate sand.......heck I hate clay to.

Last edited:

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Normal farm stuff today. Super Glue a tire sidewall to see if it’ll hold. I think it’ll be too rigid but we’ll see ….
IMG_0967.jpeg

Painted the 3pt mover deal last night and tossed it on the lawnmower today. Looks decent knowing who built it 😂
IMG_0974.jpeg

Loading some oats to get fanned. Gonna see just how much tractor is here once it’s full 😁
IMG_0975.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Normal farm stuff today. Super Glue a tire sidewall to see if it’ll hold. I think it’ll be too rigid but we’ll see ….
View attachment 415508

Painted the 3pt mover deal last night and tossed it on the lawnmower today. Looks decent knowing who built it 😂
View attachment 415510

Loading some oats to get fanned. Gonna see just how much tractor is here once it’s full 😁
View attachment 415511
“rema tip top” makes patches rated for sidewalls

image.jpgThey’re not terribly expensive. I’ve used a few and they’re still holding air. Rema makes good *s-word

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn’t realise something like this was available I coulda saved a lot of tyres with this patch
Thanks for posting it up
Rema is all I use for inside tire work

Safety seal makes the best rope plugs I’ve ever used but I’ve never tried rema ropes. I’ve got safety seal ropes in most of my tractor tires. Cause ya know deer toss the antlers out in the field for me to run over religiously

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to find an excellent sealant for UTV tires since I am excellent at finding thorns
Just plug them, one of my folks gators has tires that have been plugged several times. They hold air until a new thorn or nail is found. Simple fix & not a sloppy mess when filling or removing the tire.

Fortunately ( knocking on wood as I type this ), after countless hours & acres spraying pasture, crp & some recreational use, I have yet to have a flat.

I think tread depth & rubber density/plies make a big difference.

I am rarely on concrete, mostly dirt or gravel roads.

I put a set of these on my Gator & have no regrets.

https://www.kjmotorsports.com/full-set-of-interco-swamp-lite-26x9-12-and-26x10-12-atv-tires-4