Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3-1-2 is running $500 per ton here. I think it is $14 per acre for Grazon to be added as well. If I did my math right it will run me about $4400 this year for 200lbs per acre. Friend of mine has his done where they do a soil sample in every acre and add only what is needed. He said the up front cost is high, but after doing it for a couple years it has made a big difference.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to visit the BIL yesterday and saw his herd of Oreos. They have a few Lowlines as well as the Belted Galloways but they were all hiding in the shed.
2024-03-03 15.08.27.jpg

Farm kids being farm kids. Once they rolled it out of the shed I told them to roll it back in up the slight incline. That didn't go as easily and I had to get my 280lbs in there to help :roto2lol:
2024-03-03 09.37.58.jpg

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to visit the BIL yesterday and saw his herd of Oreos. They have a few Lowlines as well as the Belted Galloways but they were all hiding in the shed.
View attachment 410495

Farm kids being farm kids. Once they rolled it out of the shed I told them to roll it back in up the slight incline. That didn't go as easily and I had to get my 280lbs in there to help :roto2lol:
View attachment 410497
I bale hay on a Mennonite family's place. One year the kids rolled several of my bales down the hill and into the woods. I didn't say a word....just gathered them up.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bale hay on a Mennonite family's place. One year the kids rolled several of my bales down the hill and into the woods. I didn't say a word....just gathered them up.
Lol, I would of been whizzed off but gotten over it quickly, I can relate to good clean fun.

My folks neighbor has a big bale in his pond that took off after dad kicked it out. Fella just chuckled, the ducks & geese that visit his pond like it. Dad bales about 300 bales a year on that patch, that one is the only one that has gotten away from him there.

Dad was custom baling for another fella, kicked one out that rolled down a hill hopped the road & blew threw the neighbors fence.

These 1500# - 2000# bales can really get to cooking on a good hill.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, I would of been whizzed off but gotten over it quickly, I can relate to good clean fun.

My folks neighbor has a big bale in his pond that took off after dad kicked it out. Fella just chuckled, the ducks & geese that visit his pond like it. Dad bales about 300 bales a year on that patch, that one is the only one that has gotten away from him there.

Dad was custom baling for another fella, kicked one out that rolled down a hill hopped the road & blew threw the neighbors fence.

A few years ago I sat a bale down for the cows, and was just about to roll the bale ring over to it when my ol black bull Sir Loin started playing with the bale.....he flopped it around like it was nothing. And in a few minutes it was rolling into the pond. LOL

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few years ago I sat a bale down for the cows, and was just about to roll the bale ring over to it when my ol black bull Sir Loin started playing with the bale.....he flopped it around like it was nothing. And in a few minutes it was rolling into the pond. LOL
Sir Loin 😂

Gonna have to add that to the great cattle names along with Hugh Heifer, MooDonna, Mr. T-Bone and Mooly Ray Cyrus.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sir Loin 😂

Gonna have to add that to the great cattle names along with Hugh Heifer, MooDonna, Mr. T-Bone and Mooly Ray Cyrus.
The Hereford bull we have now is named Easy. But my great grandson Greyson started called him Big Daddy, and it stuck. He says "there's my Big Daddy".

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had one named psycho Sid like the wrestler.

He turned out to be a psycho. Chased me under a tractor. Sent his big ass to the butcher shop. Now they get nice easy going names. I call the one I have now Fred Usually just big boy but his name is fred
The Hereford bull we have now is named Easy. But my great grandson Greyson started called him Big Daddy, and it stuck. He says "there's my Big Daddy".

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It’s good for the pond water. Makes it darker.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240311_071159.jpg
Dozen of them running around now. Lost 1 last week. Not sure if it got stepped on or what, but we had a bit of weather come up and I found it basically dead by the barn. Cows get up tight to the sides to get out of the rain and it would not surprise me if that's what happened. Things like this happen.