farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just starting to roll corn. Broke a spring on tractor trailer today. The truck itself. Froeghtliner fl112. Any of you fellas ever work on big trucks. I’ve never broken a spring on one so not exactly sure what’s gotta happen here.

Gotta get the trailer dumped. It’s home in yard gonna put the corn in our tank so no big deal on that end. Just not sure how big a job that might be. Haven’t looked at it yet. Just knew truck wasn’t driving right so I limped home in it
I haven’t personally worked on semi truck stuff, but my neighbors did. Everything is on a whole different level with that size equipment….I remember they had to get a 1” impact wrench.

Last edited:

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just starting to roll corn. Broke a spring on tractor trailer today. The truck itself. Froeghtliner fl112. Any of you fellas ever work on big trucks. I’ve never broken a spring on one so not exactly sure what’s gotta happen here.

Gotta get the trailer dumped. It’s home in yard gonna put the corn in our tank so no big deal on that end. Just not sure how big a job that might be. Haven’t looked at it yet. Just knew truck wasn’t driving right so I limped home in it

Maybe @bradb123 might have an idea or two.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a leaf spring break on the 06 Peterbilt, with our lack of jacks & proper power tools at the time it went to the shop for repair. Make sure while you are in tgere working on the springs that you put greasable pivot bushings in.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need a bigger auger, i thought we were chitting in tall cotton when dad upgraded from a 6” to 8”, then he got an 8” with a swing hopper; that was great. Then he & my brother bought a pair of 10” x71’ with swings & unloading improved significantly.
Last year my bother bought a 13“x91’ with lights & a hydraulic lift for the hopper, time standing at the bin has decreased exponentially.

The fella down the road just bought a 16” x 118’, he usually has a 180hp tractor on that pig.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need a bigger auger, i thought we were chitting in tall cotton when dad upgraded from a 6” to 8”, then he got an 8” with a swing hopper; that was great. Then he & my brother bought a pair of 10” x71’ with swings & unloading improved significantly.
Last year my bother bought a 13“x91’ with lights & a hydraulic lift for the hopper, time standing at the bin has decreased exponentially.

The fella down the road just bought a 16” x 118’, he usually has a 180hp tractor on that pig.

that’s a big auger and over a 100ft too Have you seen it runnin
a full bin of wet corn must take some driving
in dry corn you would clear 300-400 tonnes and hour surely

Reactions: Lnk

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that’s a big auger and over a 100ft too Have you seen it runnin
a full bin of wet corn must take some driving
in dry corn you would clear 300-400 tonnes and hour surely
The wettest corn he would be putting in would be around 18% & 14.5% on beans. Those bins dont have heat so forced air fans only for drying.

As dirty as the beans are this year it would take some power to keep that thing moving. High moisture corn would be a train wreck in the making.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The one hooked to the little msssey is a 10. This is a secondary auger. Not worth the money to upgrade

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am getting close, goats still have the falling yellow leaves. Just hoping to get into November. Should make it, I have a 158 day supply. By my best conservative estimate.