The Official Farming Thread...

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very few sickle machines are still going around here. And one of the few that's left runs stubs. He also cuts slooow... but has no problems & only puts up 2 or 3 cuttings on 20 acres and rolls his fields every year. Perfect setup for him. Hesstons stubs were junk so I've never got to see what they could do.

I get laughed at when I tell guys I still run sickle bars mowers. :eek: We cut around 70-80 acres of hay a year and only make 2nd cutting on maybe half of that. We make wet and dry bails and roll about 400-450 bails most years.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get laughed at when I tell guys I still run sickle bars mowers. :eek: We cut around 70-80 acres of hay a year and only make 2nd cutting on maybe half of that. We make wet and dry bails and roll about 400-450 bails most years.

I've cut way back this year. Barns were almost full from the mild winters the last 2 years. And lost some cash work. Kinda like not chasing it all summer.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Glad they laugh. Pick up some decent machines cheap.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've got my sickle tuned up pretty well. But you guys know how it is.......get to going along real good.......look around and you've hit a mouse nest or something, and dragging grass. It's frustrating at times.

I agree! no fun going backwards more than you are going forwards. ( You will LOVE a disc mower!! )

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a dealer here. Only the rich Mennonites that live to farm have them. Pretty awesome tractor though.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local guy that does for-hire silage hauling and manure spreading has one. Probably only 200 HP +/-, though. Looks like a nice tractor.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There seems too be more starting to get with the contractors We got two fendts coming over one wet day this week carting away all the muck heap and emptying the American loose barns will get some photos