Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 184298
I’ve yet to see a wad/clump of crap or green hay this pig won’t suck up mid bale or starting one. Some of the gents my Dad & brother bale for are masters at wadding up green crap in the windrows. Their L model baler is another story, it can be rather finicky about starting a bale, I’ve spent more time than I care to admit to digging that turd out. Dads old H model was a better baler than his L model is.

That’s my type of baler crack on

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Haven’t been able to get anything planted or any hay made in almost 2 weeks... Normally have 1st cutting almost done and planting completely done by June.

Same here, to much rain so far! They did manage
to get about 650 bales so far! ( my corn is toast this year)

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finished drilling beans yesterday. The last half acre was in the rain. Fitting for the year. Silage corn is still in the bags. About the time it drys enough to start thinking about it more rain hits.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I read and watch it seems to be wet across the country. Last fall and this spring are going to really have a effect on things to come with the markets.
The hay/straw market is already nuts after last year. This spring isn't helping.

I was talking to a straw broker that I do business with through work, and he said that thousands of acres of winter wheat never got planted in DE/MD/VA last year, because they couldn't get on the fields. That's going to add up.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the closest I’ve ever come to running over a calf.... another second and it would have been a bad evening. It never moved and I had to pick it up to get it out of the way.

I’ve hit fawns and groundhogs before with the Haybine...

I’m super glad I seen that bull calf just in time.

32B9465D-305B-4DF2-A6B5-5182C12F995F.jpeg

0A6B6084-5C01-4E1B-83EB-473340819154.jpeg

902052FA-995B-4694-9A1D-30E1547AED3A.jpeg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the closest I’ve ever come to running over a calf.... another second and it would have been a bad evening. It never moved and I had to pick it up to get it out of the way.

I’ve hit fawns and groundhogs before with the Haybine...

I’m super glad I seen that bull calf just in time.

View attachment 184859

View attachment 184860

View attachment 184862
Are you just buzzing off some fescue & orchard grass? That looks like some stuff we would be mowing off for hay. Dad likes to buzz his off with the bat wing in late summer, seems to think it helps with pink eye, stems & eyeball poking, flys & such. That was always the vets opinion also.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you just buzzing off some fescue & orchard grass? That looks like some stuff we would be mowing off for hay. Dad likes to buzz his off with the bat wing in late summer, seems to think it helps with pink eye, stems & eyeball poking, flys & such. That was always the vets opinion also.

It’s too wet to plant anything so I’m clipping pastures. Your right it’s mostly orchard grass, but it’s thinner then it looks in the pictures. I like to mow for everything you said and to get a nice regrowth. I’ll keep the cows off of it for at least few weeks while it’s growing back. The manure will crust over then and leave not place for the flys to lay there eggs.

It’s definitely worth mowing and moving cows if you can just to help avoid pink eye.

I’v been beat down with pink eye in the past and It gets bad fast..