Local time
1:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Lord Dark Helmet

97a347e92699788abfefb189803ae73c.jpg

From the movie Space Balls. For dems dat ain't hip he's a royal enema nozzle like Broddi.

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks didn’t think there was many regular 2 cycles left. Didn’t get a chance to look very closely at it.

ECHO put some extra effort a decade ago into machining, porting and gas flow control to squeeze their engines through even latest EC/EPA/CARB window without going strato. I still remember attending Husky service training just after they bought Zenoah with strato patents - they were bragging regular engines are impossible to make. Turns out they were wrong. Anyway, some more strict emission limitations are on their way so everything and everywhere will go stratified, hotter and more fuel/oil quality sensitive...

Last edited:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No matter how amazing an Echo saw is, it will still have to overcome the huge marketing departments of Stihl and Husqvarna. Echo has been around for quite some time and has made very little dent into the chainsaw market. The lack of aftermarket parts speaks to their limited market share. (if there were a lot of them out there, someone would make the aftermarket parts to repair them)
The Echo saws I've had worked fine but I don't have any right now. Makita/Dolmar was a similar situation, good saws but limited market. I've never had a running one of those in my hands (just parts saws)
I hope this new Echo is great and the saw enthusiasts enjoy them but the people on all the chainsaw forums combined are a drop in the bucket compared to the number of saw users "out there".

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No matter how amazing an Echo saw is, it will still have to overcome the huge marketing departments of Stihl and Husqvarna. Echo has been around for quite some time and has made very little dent into the chainsaw market. The lack of aftermarket parts speaks to their limited market share. (if there were a lot of them out there, someone would make the aftermarket parts to repair them)
The Echo saws I've had worked fine but I don't have any right now. Makita/Dolmar was a similar situation, good saws but limited market. I've never had a running one of those in my hands (just parts saws)
I hope this new Echo is great and the saw enthusiasts enjoy them but the people on all the chainsaw forums combined are a drop in the bucket compared to the number of saw users "out there".

Well Said Mr. H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do hope it has a metal oiler gear
Friend stripped the plastic 590 one
In seconds it seemed like
When he turned the bar and didn't get the
Oil hole cleaned all the way out.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Echo(Yamabiko) has sales of over a billion USD. They'll be OK. Husky and Stihl are at about 3bil each. Yamabiko's main market is Asia. They are making inroads elsewhere, tho. I saw as many Echos in the US as i did others. They tend to be more with the arborist and maintenance crowd.