The new 70cc ECHO saw

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They seem to do well selling weedwackers and other handheld “landscaper ope”. I actually recommended to my boss to buy echo string trimmers for the landscape crew. They held up extremely well when I worked on a private school’s landscaping division.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
A lot of my Landscaping friends actually prefer Echo ope to the other 2. Weed trimmers, backpack blowers, and power pruners. The pb710 backpack blower is just about standard issue around here for fall cleanups. The new pb8010 is a beast as well.

From an arborist perspective the ppt2620 pole saw and little cs2511t are better than anything I've seen from the competition, but I wouldn't call any of Echo's other saws "better". I would call the 501p and 620p close though.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They seem to do well selling weedwackers and other handheld “landscaper ope”. I actually recommended to my boss to buy echo string trimmers for the landscape crew. They held up extremely well when I worked on a private school’s landscaping division.
There ain’t no other weedeater lol. But they seriously make a good string trimmer. My brother bought a husky after I bought my echo. It died years ago the echo is still plugging along.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A lot of my Landscaping friends actually prefer Echo ope to the other 2. Weed trimmers, backpack blowers, and power pruners. The pb710 backpack blower is just about standard issue around here for fall cleanups. The new pb8010 is a beast as well.

From an arborist perspective the ppt2620 pole saw and little cs2511t are better than anything I've seen from the competition, but I wouldn't call any of Echo's other saws "better". I would call the 501p and 620p close though.
Agreed

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I asked about the CS73x again. My source told me that the test model's have already been sent back and taken apart and a few minor adjustments were made. They are getting the production factory set up to start making these. Should be out in 6-8 months. The saw is lighter than a 572 and keeps up with the competition. It's going to be priced a couple hundred less than the competition as well.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
So I asked about the CS73x again. My source told me that the test model's have already been sent back and taken apart and a few minor adjustments were made. They are getting the production factory set up to start making these. Should be out in 6-8 months. The saw is lighter than a 572 and keeps up with the competition. It's going to be priced a couple hundred less than the competition as well.

If this proves to be true, its exciting to be sure!

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A DD025 bar pattern would be just divine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, to all of the above!! I think we ought to contact Echo and tell them that the recoil looks ugly and cheap. If they have not yet set up production there is a chance they can change it. As is, looks like the "bold curves designed for action" that Husky was promoting for their Mcculloch branded saws a few years ago.