The Husqvarna 550XP MKII

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just asking trying to help and clarify the issue here. When you tighten chain to cut, do you lift up on the bar tip before tightening the bar nuts? Proper chain tension and a clean bar rail and lifting up the bar tip before tightening bar nuts makes a big difference for me.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just asking trying to help and clarify the issue here. When you tighten chain to cut, do you lift up on the bar tip before tightening the bar nuts? Proper chain tension and a clean bar rail and lifting up the bar tip before tightening bar nuts makes a big difference for me.
I'm a never lifter lol. I haven't seen that it makes a difference for me so I stopped doing it yrs ago.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a never lifter lol. I haven't seen that it makes a difference for me so I stopped doing it yrs ago.

You probably crumple your TP too…

Seriously though, certain saws don’t tension right if you don’t lift. I could see alignment being an issue, though I’ve never had that problem. My 395 has way too much chain slop if you let the bar hang. Surprisingly, so does my 2511. I haven’t noticed any difference on a 550.

LittleLebowski

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve had this saw for a year, cut lots of wood with it. Never had to lift the bar or do any contortions for it to oil before. Tried lifting it today as I tightened the nuts, no change. The oil runs out the back. This is a new oil pump, a new worm gear, a sharpened chain, and a pretty new Sugihara bar. Something’s wrong.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had this saw for a year, cut lots of wood with it. Never had to lift the bar or do any contortions for it to oil before. Tried lifting it today as I tightened the nuts, no change. The oil runs out the back. This is a new oil pump, a new worm gear, a sharpened chain, and a pretty new Sugihara bar. Something’s wrong.

Yeah. Sumpon’s wrong. You’re sure the bar is dead flat to the plate and the plate has nothing behind it?

Timjus

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have large mount 28" bar for my 550xp mk2 and it needs plug for adjuster hole. or it will leak trough the clutch cover cavities.
maybe you sugi has oil path to adjuster or stud hole

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I did. No, but there’s no change. What should I look for?
I’m not terribly familiar with the 550 but I’ve had that little feed tube come off the pump and leak oil everywhere but the bar. Sometimes it splits. Maybe some pics would help get it figured out.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag