High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Think the saws being released now will be the last ever???

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our 500 hasn't been a problem for 3 years now other than it started to not idle that great this winter but I changed the filters and plug and now it seems fine, I have no problem with them in that dept. I asked a guy from VA that works at stihl if we're gonna see the pro saws all move to fuel injection, he said they've kicked it around but one of the limitations is price..how true that is I really don't know, he basically alluded that it will raise the price of the saws substantially.

I think 16-17 hundred dollars for an 80cc saw is retarded.
Agreed on the price, i have run the 500 and its impressive for the size, but do i want one? Nope.... i will stick with my ported 661 thank you 🤣and thats coming from a died in the (orange) wool certified stihl tech...

Side note on the idling, might need to do a recalibration every once in a while, which for a 500 is fire it up and just let it idle for a few min with out touching the trigger

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed on the price, i have run the 500 and its impressive for the size, but do i want one? Nope.... i will stick with my ported 661 thank you 🤣and thats coming from a died in the (orange) wool certified stihl tech...

Side note on the idling, might need to do a recalibration every once in a while, which for a 500 is fire it up and just let it idle for a few min with out touching the trigger

I asked a bunch of guys if there's a reset for a 500 and they all said no. You gotta hook it up.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked a bunch of guys if there's a reset for a 500 and they all said no. You gotta hook it up.
I had a problem saw 500 in the shop, (got a chipper truck driven over it and they slapped it back together themselves with used parts) went thru every page of the stihl SDS 1.0 and 2.0, there did not appear to be any recalibration for a 500i that i could find, local stihl rep said if its acting up fire it up and idle it for a few min and it should relearn itself, shut off, fire back up and sink it into sone wood... and that worked for this particular saw...

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a problem saw 500 in the shop, (got a chipper truck driven over it and they slapped it back together themselves with used parts) went thru every page of the stihl SDS 1.0 and 2.0, there did not appear to be any recalibration for a 500i that i could find, local stihl rep said if its acting up fire it up and idle it for a few min and it should relearn itself, shut off, fire back up and sink it into sone wood... and that worked for this particular saw...
this has been covered. thats not a thing. last page or so its confirmed by multiple people that it requires an mdg1.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this has been covered. thats not a thing. last page or so its confirmed by multiple people that it requires an mdg1.

Like i said... have an mdg1 and both versions of the SDS software... could not find it.... i work in a stihl gold dealer....

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ours would idle for a little..seemed fine...then it wouldn't rev right and kept going back and forth..wouldn't idle but then it would rev right if I kept juicing the throttle..it was weird, Every time I thought it was one or the other it would switch on me again. The basic tune up seemed to fix it.

I called everyone I knew that had one or worked on one and they all said there was no field reset on it, it had to be hooked up.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey!
How do you know the powerband on these battery/electric saws?
What is the point of reference CC wise?
Is a MSA 300 C-O equal to an MS251?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like i said... have an mdg1 and both versions of the SDS software... could not find it.... i work in a stihl gold dealer....
I work for myself. Just me and my little shop. No certifications ☹️.

There’s definitely a spot to reset the control module on a 500 in the MDG software

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is a MSA 300 C-O equal to an MS251?
I was at some Stihl training (for silver) and the rep stated that the 300 is supposed to be close to a MS 271. I have not run one, so I am not sure. The store I used to work at just received them in....$800 + $299 battery + $150 charger = $$$$$ - If you already have the battery and charger, then it isn't as bad.

Oddsandends

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find it absolutely hilarious how most of the people who want this legislation are armchair experts who don't think because they think they are smarter than everybody because of their fancy degrees. Some county dude wants to stop our leaf vacuum collection and even wrote a letter to the whole county stating the following and he was too much of a b!tch to leave any contact info. This is him :meparto::

Herrington_headshot_2021.jpg

My guy looks like he was on a show with a certain man named Chris. He says people should mulch the leaves with a lawn mower... Our leaves get 5 inches deep all over our lawns here. The BR 800c and BR 600 are the only blowers people here use. I could go on and on about this man, but looking at his face genuinely creeps me out. Kinda reminds me of this: