High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Think the saws being released now will be the last ever???

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With how hard they are pushing battery saws I think we might be seeing the last generation of gas saws being developed. What is the oldest design for stihl and husqvarna? ms201 and the 550xp??? Thoughts?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah.
Battery tech isn’t there yet
Agreed. They have a long way to go to get anywhere close. They do not perform well in the cold either.

Makita does have a 75cc equivalent battery concrete saw. The power is getting closer. The weight is getting farther away. These things with battery's will make a 2 stroke seem light.

SCHallenger

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With how hard they are pushing battery saws I think we might be seeing the last generation of gas saws being developed. What is the oldest design for stihl and husqvarna? ms201 and the 550xp??? Thoughts?
MS 201 & 550XP are newer designs, not old. Battery saws are nowhere near as versatile as gasoline powered types!! Looking forward you are going to continue to see new developments in our old faithfuls.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If they could develop a battery technology that was better than Lithium-Ion, that was less environmentally destructive and less expensive to produce, it could happen. We aren't there yet, especially in extremely cold weather, when the lithium batteries refuse to take a charge or put out as much usable amperage.

I find it disgusting that they are going after small engines for emissions, yet container ships on the ocean are allowed to burn heavy oil that can put much more garbage into the atmosphere. I can't decide if it's a necessary evil or not.

And even if everthing does go electric, how is the power being produced at the power plants? Burning coal and natural gas still produces emissions. I have heard of several energy companies working on older fossil-fuel-powered facilities and attempting to revive them, to help keep up with future demands.

As my funds allow, I have been adding newer saws and equipment to my inventory. If I take care of them, they should still have good equipment to use 40 years from now.

dougie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And logging crews now have to add a huge diesel generator to the mix to charge all the saw batteries the fellers will use.

Like EV cars there is a place. Homeowners that use a saw once or twice a season. A firewood processor lot close to battery charge station could use one for bucking rounds. Out in the woods, miles from a power outlet, I am not seeing it anytime soon. Maybe someday, but I probably will not see it.

I think the newness is about to wear off the EV/battery craze.

Hertz made the news that is is selling off all their EV rentals. No one wanted to rent them and they cost too much to maintain. Ford is slowing the construction of their HUGE EV plant here in Glendale KY because demand is falling. Now they they are out people are seeing 1st hand. News today that this cold snap is hampering chargers in Chicago one Tesla owner waiting in line said they was gonna charge just enough to get to a dealer and buy a gas car. Texas asking folks to lower their grid consumption in the cold (lower thermostat reduce charging of EV etc). A Kansas EV factory forcing a coal plant to stay open when it was supposed to be closed all shines a bad light on EV.

Unless some new tech comes out soon i do not see battery power being the end all people hoped.

dw

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
MS 201 & 550XP are newer designs, not old. Battery saws are nowhere near as versatile as gasoline powered types!! Looking forward you are going to continue to see new developments in our old faithfuls.
The 201 has been out 11 or 12 years...

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d love to see a battery saw last in the woods a full week
I've been using a 540iXP for the better part of 2.5 years on all kinds of jobs and conditions. Slash-cutting trees out of canopies, falling 16-24" trees, brush-work, bucking firewood, etc. Running through 2-3 batteries a day most days.

They're fully capable if chain is maintained and the operator knows how to handle a saw.

That being said, there's no replacing a gas saw under other conditions.

82f100swb

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 201 has been out 11 or 12 years...
Husky still builds the 61, 272, 281, 288, 353, 365 Special and OE 372, Stihl still builds the 260, 361, 382(evolution of the 038,) 660, 780/880, the 210/230/250 are very long in tooth, and of course there is the ms070/ms720 for truly old designs. We may not get them in North America, but there are still being built.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I case everyone missed it; we are living in the FUTURE! life spans are longer , the free information internet has made people smarter ,and Peace abounds!
??? Wait ,what?
Just like the 3 on the tree, cursive writing ,and the right not to be filmed in public , corporations can just wait till the neanderthals die off and replace "whatever " and say "it's better than before!" Really? Is it?
Electric everything has been around since the late 1800s cars,saws,and public transportation, when is it gonna get better? When the commercials say so, when the original stuff is outlawed?
I love innovation and technology and incorporate when its useful to do so , but its funny how whenever I find some new technology thats AWESOME, it turns out to be repackaged old tech.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Governments all over the world are doing already. Banning using wood for cooking and heating in cities ....