The Husqvarna 550XP MKII

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mark my words. Social media will be the downfall of our great nation.

But hopefully not the downfall of this site. Funny how this thread has turned cause Randy shares more info and takes more time to document what he does than anybody. So to question his "sharing", I mean come on.

But it kind of goes hand in hand with this anti-social media. Even in our little saw world, when you put your stuff out there you open yourself up to analysis and judgement by everyone. And obviously not everyone is "socially" equiped to sit in judgement, but that doesn't stop guys who know little but wish to appear clever from typing away. Gotta get their 2 cents in no matter what.

This is the dynamic that got totally out of control over on AS, and I would hate to see that virus take hold here. Remember that mess? Not only were the builders squabbling, but most had a band of followers duking it out as well. What a mess that was.

This social media thing sprang up so fast that there was really no parallel developement of manners or how to conduct oneself on a group forum. Comments that in person would get you a GFY, or maybe a poke in the mouth are common cause nobody can get at you from a 1000 miles away. Let's face it, we wouldn't need moderators if there were no *a-holes. :)

I always figure that if a guy starts a thread it's kind of his, and it's cool to follow and participate. But let the OP take it where he wants to go. And never post something that you wouldn't say face to face.

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This social media thing sprang up so fast that there was really no parallel developement of manners or how to conduct oneself on a group forum. Comments that in person would get you a GFY, or maybe a poke in the mouth are common cause nobody can get at you from a 1000 miles away. Let's face it, we wouldn't need moderators if there were no *a-holes. :)
Lot of keyboard warriors out there...! Unfortunately, the phenomenon you describe here is not only, real..... it has filtered it's way into the real world. I've been a blue collar trade guy most of my adult life. People have always talked crap. However, it usually had limits, or there were repercussions. I've witnessed (& been in), multiple scraps on job sites in my nearly 30yrs in the construction trades (though not in a long time). Funny thing is, just as much crap is slung today, if not more but, with different results. Today, dudes feel empowered to run their necks, without fear of getting smacked. Touch a nerve, or respond harshly, they just go home, or quit.

At one time, I had a fairly decent sized operation. Not today. I run a small gig today. Primarly one other old school tradesman, & a revolving door of laborers. Most of the young laborers have so much drama they carry daily, it's almost unbelievable yet, you can't help buy laugh. Social media is creating a very immature society without manners, or common decency, & respect. Don't get me wrong, plenty of folks can separate the two, & function in both worlds simultaneously but, many can't.

I love technology, & have benefited tremendously from forums, & the internet in general. I've met some great people on forums I've been apart of. Though, most of em grew up pre social media. Well.... off to the jobsite. I wonder what drama my current laborer is gonna bring to work today... :D

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well my Stihl buddy had honey do's to do instead. I did get a couple other fellas to the woods though. We cut 1/2 dozen live oaks.

Here's a couple of em, ready to be skid...

enhance

Ended up getting a decent load on my Ford (on the right), & kind of a load on one of my helpers trucks. Didn't bring my Yota today as, I wanted to get a bigger load, & do it in one trip.

enhance

My neighbor showed up so, we loaded his yota up too. His is a little newer than mine so, he didn't want to really load it...lol. Planning on a repeat tomorrow. That ought to last me awhile.

Whats the live oak wood like to cut? Anything like cuttin hickory? I havent cut any myself but heard its pretty hard and makes real good firewood