The best electrical pliers in the world

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe finding out who makes them for snapon & 'if' that's possible check out what else they have for crimpers. Bit of a tail chase but maybe worthwhile.

Jeff Svoboda

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crimp connectors???? How about soldier? I use wire strippers like this by snap on. 81R+YUwLAaL._SY355_.jpgthey work great in tight spots. Then I twist the wires together. Soldier them and use shrink tubing. The ones with the gel/glue inside that oozes out when heated.
Not sure which field you work in but this is how I do it in the auto industry. Under the dash might be fine for crimp connectors but use they where the elements get to them and they will be green and crusty within a year.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the snap-on solder little torch that runs off butane also ,yes i prefer solder over solderless connectors also .

Jeff Svoboda

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The solider gun sucks. Even the butane one is too slow. I have one and use it to weld plastic back together. For soldier I use a mini butane torch. Just set it low and put the blue flame on the copper for a few seconds and then touch the soldier to the copper. Done in about 10 sec. Way before any soldier gun is going to warm up.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The solider gun sucks. Even the butane one is too slow. I have one and use it to weld plastic back together. For soldier I use a mini butane torch. Just set it low and put the blue flame on the copper for a few seconds and then touch the soldier to the copper. Done in about 10 sec. Way before any soldier gun is going to warm up.
Mine has a tip that shoots a flame ,it also has solid tips ,does weld plastic good also ,i think this is same one i have
YAKS32A.jpg

Jeff Svoboda

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sry I don't mean to argue or offend. Not sure how my last two post came out? You could take it either way i suppose. Was just trying to let you know what works for me.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sry I don't mean to argue or offend. Not sure how my last two post came out? You could take it either way i suppose. Was just trying to let you know what works for me.
No offense taken ,i like hearing what works for other guys ,makes me learn better ways to do stuff .

Jeff Svoboda

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah and they work better than the electric one imo. Mini butane torch is hands down the fastest. Once you do it that way you'll never go back!!

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used to like those kind better ,i have a set somewhere ,but these new ones have the same leverage and fit tighter places better in my opinion ,the strippers are super sharp also .
I hate those type of strippers, I hate most wire strippers actually...I can strip wire faster and easier with lineman's, 22ga. communication wire through 2/0 cable no problem...
the electrician I work with always jokes that if he cant do the job with a pair of linemans and a sloted screwdriver then the job is too big for him...the guy has near every electrical trade tool ever made, but he likes his linemans best...
I will say romex strippers are worth their weight in gold though! I hate stripping romex without em!

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I strip wire with my teeth. Now you all is gonna make me get the camera out again. I mighta been lyin about the teeth thing. they be plastic.

blackop555

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I use same as you but I have 2 of them one like hours and one that's angled but they are otc and 20bucks a pair not 60 lol. I got sick of wires pulling out of crimp. Then I saw those beautiful things on Matco truck

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I two different mechanical strippers that hold and strip the wire. Love em. I pretty much solder everything now.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I would agree with @junkman that the snap on ones are the sharpest and work very well in tight areas. My buddy is a diesel mechanic and told me to get a pair like that years ago. I'm too cheap and stubborn to buy a pair so I borrow his quite often.