High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihlasawki 660 build

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing too special here fellas, just my build thread on the 660 kit. Me and my buddy ordered a pair, decided the name Stihlasawki was fitting. So here it is, I just put it together as is out of the box with the Cross top end for now. After I get a few tanks of fuel through it I will pull it back down and put OEM clips and wrist pin bearing in along with the basic mods. Don't think I will get carried away, most likely just a muffler mod, timing adjust, port match the exhaust, and clean things up a little.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
After great debate I used a press to put my crankcases together. Lots of klotz as assembly lube as well as the Chinese crank being rounded on the shoulders allowed me to keep the seals in the case as installed. First I pressed the crank into the flywheel side, the the pto side case onto the crank with a large pipe nipple. Word of advise, the locating pins are a very loose fit and do not stay in the cases. I had to find mine 2 or 3 times on the floor.
IMG_2296.JPG IMG_2297.JPG

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Both the farmertec cylinder and the Cross cylinder look nice, pistons are equal. I went with the cross, already has nice shaped ports. Exhaust gasket and muffler will need matched. I'm gonna guess they are a 1/16" too small all the way around. My Cross kit without gasket came in at .012 squish. I had some .010 gasket material and used yamabond on both sides. Ended up at .025 after assembly, good enough for the loose chinese crank, a little extra insurance.
IMG_2299.JPG

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rest of the build didn't get documented well. A good friend and a 12 pack of beer equaled lots of fun and no stopping for pictures. Everything went together nice with the exception of the air filter pieces. Mine didn't fit well at all and needed some grinding/hacking/fitting to work but they are on there now. Here it is all together and ready for bar, chain, and fuel. Also added a decal for a special touch...
IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2356.JPG IMG_2355.JPG

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Send Bruce a PM. I managed to get one, but there were not many left. I also went for the Cross P&C, as I was very impressed with the one I put on my 066.