High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihlasawki 660 build

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I did some of that today with the old oh34 av super in some dry elm. Well I burnt the noodles so no pasta tonight
This was some red oak I cut 2 years ago but hadn't wanted to wrestle on the splitter. It's hard as a rock, but worked great for breaking in the 660.
IMG_2412.JPG

Last edited:

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Breaking in tuned fat, klotz benol 40:1. Box stock with Cross Cylinder, no muffler mod, no timing advance, no port work. Off the roll Oregon chisel chain and a 7 pin sprocket. Had maybe a half a tank through it at this time. More I run it better it gets.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The market is gonna be flooded with Chinese MS660s for years to come.
Mine isn't going anywhere, all this noodling has created a new appreciation for milling. I mean just look at all the figure in that red oak round I halved. Thinking this would be a great dedicated milling saw since we are building for long bar tourque anyways.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Update, sorry to say I won't be making it to Randy's with my Stihlasawki. I started a new job a few weeks ago and am working out of town. So no time to prep saw and the last thing I wanna do is come home and leave for Tennessee without seeing my family. Other than that the saw is running great, it has about 4 gallons of fuel though it now and all seems well. I have made it a dedicated noodle saw with a 20" bar, cut clutch cover, and a 8 pin sprocket. It's been worth the price just to not have to wrestle big firewood rounds anymore.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update, sorry to say I won't be making it to Randy's with my Stihlasawki. I started a new job a few weeks ago and am working out of town. So no time to prep saw and the last thing I wanna do is come home and leave for Tennessee without seeing my family. Other than that the saw is running great, it has about 4 gallons of fuel though it now and all seems well. I have made it a dedicated noodle saw with a 20" bar, cut clutch cover, and a 8 pin sprocket. It's been worth the price just to not have to wrestle big firewood rounds anymore.

Family first.

Period.