Stihl MS881! The rumors begin

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drove an 1989 ford probe gt turbo for a few years, torque steer was harder for me to compensate for after learning on rear wheel drive cars.
Hot rod pickups are where you need to get creative! I had a 73' D100 long bed that would break the rear loose at 70mph if I was being stupid.

I've done a ton of work to improve traction. I have a Griggs Racing torque arm in addition to Griggs Racing adjustable lower control arms and a Steeda adjustable Panhard bar.

I'm also running Nitto 295-45-18 tires on the rear (they told me to biggest I could fit was 285-40-18), but they were wrong! The slightly taller tire makes a big difference in straight line performance.

If you are on a good road you don't have to counter steer in 3rd gear, but if you forget to take off the traction control it will limit the engine, so there is still some tire spin.

My fuel mileage is almost as good as stock (if I drive it easy), but the performance is night and day different!

Rear axle is 3:55, but first gear in the tranny is a ridiculous 3:35 to 1. You really have to restrain your right foot in first!

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Laundry and NFL, you're not serious about either unless you spend 5K. GET. ON. MY. LEVEL...

I must not be very serious about TV watching, I have a 32" emerson flat screen, I picked up for $40 at an estate sail.

It was a huge upgrade over the 24" boobtube it replaced. I'll never be on the same level as some.....

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drove an 1989 ford probe gt turbo for a few years, torque steer was harder for me to compensate for after learning on rear wheel drive cars.
Hot rod pickups are where you need to get creative! I had a 73' D100 long bed that would break the rear loose at 70mph if I was being stupid.

I upgraded the turbo on my 89 gt. Traction became an issue... Instead of accelerating it would just light a tire. I got lucky and stumbled across an mfactory differential for cheap... Got that put in and no more traction issues. Does like to torque steer. The VAPS power steering does help with that a little.