Is this the end...? rip 390xp, 395xp, 3120xp

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It just doesnt stand to reason that when i order something from new york, it takes a week to get here unless i use overnight express. But something from china that has to pass customs.? Im cornfused. Didnt mean to rile you up spike60

Sorry I kind of blew a fuse there.

Still have my last box from them. It was air freighted to JFK in NY, where it went to the UPS sorting facility. Easy in this day and age for a small parts box or single saw. A pallet of stuff will go by ship and take a month and a half or more.

You're right about some domestic orders taking longer than stuff from farmertec. Some of our suppliers take a week and they are right here in the Northeast with us. It's amazing how quick Huztl can get stuff over here.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with the whole shipping time frame not making sense but I experienced that quite often myself. At one point I was sponsored by a company out of Japan (totally not chainsaw related) and when they would ship me supplies the majority of the time I would get it in a week. And yet when I have ordered stuff from the east coast of Canada I’m looking at a 2-3 week minimum unless I pay a small fortune for quicker shipping.

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wise investment

Well got it today, PHO. Purchased a gallon of pre mix for $21 to double the warranty. Kind of funny because you could burn that up in a morning. I do like the pre mix for storing saws though. Dump regular mixed gas and pour in 5-6oz of pre mix, fire up and run till warm and then shut off.

Saw will remain un fueled till next season as 80% of my wood is cut so far.

I've added a few loads since this was taken:

24awdg8.jpg

rmjvas.jpg

e1c6c6.jpg

26113ls.jpg

frxft.jpg

This was tough cutting. Cable skidded logs dragged in mud, dumped on fine gravel and then moved again with skid steer. Then rained on a bunch and froze the mud/ice with gravel embedded. Nice wood though.

nbslra.jpg

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn that's some rough lookin wood, I thought my loads of logs were dirty. I always hope the rain will wash some dirt away but it never really happens. Once it's pressed into the bark it's in there. Large amount of firewood ya got there

Everybody thinks a bunch of rain will wash dirty away. All it does is concentrate it on the lower logs. Surprsingly, ice is super hard on chains too, especially when it has frozen the mud on the logs. Where it is really bad I chopped with a hatchet through the bark and bore cut through the center and then come up throwing the debris away from the power head. Sure it is bad but it is some really nice stuff too considering I can drive right up to it.

I have a whole bunch more to get, ash that is coming from the local Country Club I belong to.

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OMG. I take it that these OWBs are not very efficient.

I've been helping one of my buddies in Northern WI who has an OWB. I would say a face cord a day is realistic in moderately cold. Right now a lot more than that but he is heating a modern house and a 5,000 square foot shop.

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think I could burn 1/4 cord in 2 days even if I spent the whole day filling it up. 7 degrees last night wood stove filled every hour or 2 and it was still 62 in my bedroom. Might be time for a bigger stove if these colder temps get more frequent. High 40's next week fortunately.
I don't know how you guys do it up there, I ain't built for single digits or negative temps.

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother in law heats his house and gets his hot water out of his outdoor burner. He also puts whole logs in once he has a bed of coals, so a lot less splitting required. But you have to go outside to fill it up, we fill our stoves inside where it's 90 degrees next to the stove. Brother in law says he don't get up during the night to fill it, says it'll burn hot for 8 hours easy once filled up. He usually loads it once in morning and once at night normally, more when temps are below average like now.

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is pretty good actually.
Heatn 3200sq ft plus domestic hot water.never below 68f in these 2 Brutal days . Most of the time, I fill it twice a day. I'm gettn 6 hrs out of a loading last 2 days.