Is this the end...? rip 390xp, 395xp, 3120xp

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had always wondered how I got a genuine Stihl 33RS chain with my chinese 365. I'm glad it happened too, it was just a short time earlier I bought a new Husqvarna chain only to have it go dull cutting one hickory trunk into firewood. The stihl chain stayed factory sharp through 3 hickories, and still sharp enough through another 5-7. It was agressive too.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are new 3120xp's built in Sweden or Brazil?

Were 3120xp's ever built in Brazil?

I like Brazilian girls but I rather keep my saws all milky and blonde.

Pretty much gone are the days of the old 'big saws' being produced in Sweden, Larry.

Even the little 346 is not being produced in Sweden after 2018. The new 'EPA' laws are restricting production of certain models.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You talk about these epa laws, well how are these china clones making it into the usa then? If china is allowed to sell that crap here then so should the origional manufacture.....god this pisses me right the $#@% OFF!

The moment these chainese companies get in trouble with the US. They can just rip up that paper, change the company name and website and start selling again. Big/real companies can't play that game.

China has no rules, you do what you want how you want until you get caught; its disgusting. I lived/worked there for a while.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You talk about these epa laws, well how are these china clones making it into the usa then? If china is allowed to sell that crap here then so should the origional manufacture.....god this pisses me right the $#@% OFF!

Well, I suppose the laws that are restricting production of certain saws that have emissions above whatever level are EU laws, not US laws.

By producing them in S. America they can be easily be imported to the US and other markets outside the EU and avoid those restrictions.

Smart business on the part of Husky, I suppose. They'd rather produce them in an alternate location than not produce them at all.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I suppose the laws that are restricting production of certain saws that have emissions above whatever level are EU laws, not US laws.

By producing them in S. America they can be easily be imported to the US and other markets outside the EU and avoid those restrictions.

Smart business on the part of Husky, I suppose. They'd rather produce them in an alternate location than not produce them at all.

Yep - the US will shortly be receiving saws from many places that aren't Sweden or Germany.

It's not just emissions in Europe(good luck making sense of this: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R1628&from=EN), it's also vibration. The EU have laws regarding exposure level there as well.
Basically, as with automobiles, they are trying to edge closer to batteries and zero emissions. We'll ignore all the toxic stuff to do with batteries for now. That's for later. I'm looking forwards to my Shindaiwa Fukushima Cold Fusion special(my apologies to anyone from Fukushima). Made in Japan, mind you.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep - the US will shortly be receiving saws from many places that aren't Sweden or Germany.

It's not just emissions in Europe(good luck making sense of this: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R1628&from=EN), it's also vibration. The EU have laws regarding exposure level there as well.
Basically, as with automobiles, they are trying to edge closer to batteries and zero emissions. We'll ignore all the toxic stuff to do with batteries for now. That's for later. I'm looking forwards to my Shindaiwa Fukushima Cold Fusion special(my apologies to anyone from Fukushima). Made in Japan, mind you.

Well if that's the angle they are going for then we should just take steroids and use hand saws.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

'Zero emissions' is definitely the buzz phrase in Europe nowadays but I think 'out of sight out of mind' might be better or 'not in my backyard' considering what goes into making and getting rid of batteries.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What do you mean, "allowed"? LOL

None of those clones are legal. None of them are EPA certified, No OSHA safety, no noise, no anti vibe. It works cause guys can order a saw direct, it shows up in the mail, and no one knows what's going on. And what's more, the rules are all enforceable to the seller, not the buyer. So, it's not like the EPA can fine a factory in China. These sales are essentially an end run around the rules. Cheap fun for guys who order them for their own use, and that's cool.

What will happen at some point is that some goof will start buying these saws in 10 packs and fancy himself as a saw dealer. Then HE becomes the seller, and look out! Whether it's the EPA or lawyers from Husky or Stihl, he will be in some serious and expensive mess. He will be fined beyond belief. The more saws he sells, the more he's gonna pay, cause the fines are "per unit".

And let's not forget about liability. What if there's a serious injury with one of these saws? Suppose that chain brake doesn't trip like it's supposed to? The Husky/Stihl legal departments won't be there to help him. So again, personal use is one thing. But anyone who sees a business opportunity here is just sticking his head into a noose. At some point, they'll make an example out of somebody.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you mean, "allowed"? LOL

None of those clones are legal. None of them are EPA certified, No OSHA safety, no noise, no anti vibe. It works cause guys can order a saw direct, it shows up in the mail, and no one knows what's going on. And what's more, the rules are all enforceable to the seller, not the buyer. So, it's not like the EPA can fine a factory in China. These sales are essentially an end run around the rules. Cheap fun for guys who order them for their own use, and that's cool.

What will happen at some point is that some goof will start buying these saws in 10 packs and fancy himself as a saw dealer. Then HE becomes the seller, and look out! Whether it's the EPA or lawyers from Husky or Stihl, he will be in some serious and expensive mess. He will be fined beyond belief. The more saws he sells, the more he's gonna pay, cause the fines are "per unit".

And let's not forget about liability. What if there's a serious injury with one of these saws? Suppose that chain brake doesn't trip like it's supposed to? The Husky/Stihl legal departments won't be there to help him. So again, personal use is one thing. But anyone who sees a business opportunity here is just sticking his head into a noose. At some point, they'll make an example out of somebody.
Well it appears that farmer tec has these blue clones in stock in the usa. The customer that had the clone stihl colored 660 that broke the flywheel said his new blue saw will be here tommorow, just ordered it last week from farmertec. It takeslonger than that to come from china dude

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it appears that farmer tec has these blue clones in stock in the usa. The customer that had the clone stihl colored 660 that broke the flywheel said his new blue saw will be here tommorow, just ordered it last week from farmertec. It takeslonger than that to come from china dude

Sorry "dude", but you really don't know what you are talking about. When this package arrives, be sure to check the shipper's address and fill us all in on where farmertec's US warehouse is. Maybe a bunch of us can take a bus trip out there and have a mobile GTG.

I've ordered from Huztl myself and it's surprising how fast that stuff gets here. A week to 10 days isn't unusual at all. And I'm on the east coast, so it can be even quicker for you guys out west.

The user friendly web site and fast shipping is why farmertec has it all over the rest of the suppliers from China. They get the marketing and customer service part of the equation that the rest of them don't understand.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It just doesnt stand to reason that when i order something from new york, it takes a week to get here unless i use overnight express. But something from china that has to pass customs.? Im cornfused. Didnt mean to rile you up spike60