So what's your "real" job?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don, that is some damn fine work, I did not know you did that.

Do you buy the Damascus or make it (a long involved process). My Uncle used to collect Guns, Knives and Samurai Swords.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
2:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is your home worth the grief? If not then stfu. This gentlmans work is on par with the best Ive laid eyes on.
on par sure affordable? its is only affordable to some people oh sure i would like to have one
but at the price with 2 months of wages from working no thanks. i got bills to pay and a farm to keep in order.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never mind my question, just went to the web site. Damn fine work there Don. Is Kyle your son? Did not see him in the History section.

A lot of people don't realize how useful a large knife can be. You can put a 1" piece of wood, or a 5/8" rope on a chopping block and go through it with a single swipe, split wood, make tent pegs lickity split, etc. Plus, very useful while butchering. It will also function like a machete when clearing a trail.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
on par sure affordable? its is only affordable to some people oh sure i would like to have one
but at the price with 2 months of wages from working no thanks. i got bills to pay and a farm to keep in order.
Sounds like some jealousy is rearing it's ugly green head.

I can't afford one either, at this time, but it doesn't preclude me from appreciating that kind of craftsmanship, nor does it cause me rancor towards those that can afford them.

greendohn

firewood hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What???? You mean you don't fish professionally?

No! Tried a few tourneys years ago and didn't appeal to me. The militancy of our local friendly DNR persuaded me to sell my boat and pull my canoe outta' the barn,, wading rivers and floating ponds is where you'll find me.

Barneyrb

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Never mind my question, just went to the web site. Damn fine work there Don. Is Kyle your son? Did not see him in the History section.

A lot of people don't realize how useful a large knife can be. You can put a 1" piece of wood, or a 5/8" rope on a chopping block and go through it with a single swipe, split wood, make tent pegs lickity split, etc. Plus, very useful while butchering. It will also function like a machete when clearing a trail.
Missed your first question Mike. Kyle is my son and has been working in the shop here for around 3 years. Thanks buddy!