Saw video thread

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little feller might like the 7 tooth better than the 8 I have on it. Or maybe once the new ring seats it'll take off

Seating the ring gains more than one would think. That little 024 super I have really came to life. It’s running an 8 picco sprocket, that’s pretty close to a 3/8-9

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Mason. Tough to get real accurate times with that piece.
572 sounded great and very smooth.
How did they oil the bar? I am sure the 395 was good, but how about the others?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Mason. Tough to get real accurate times with that piece.
572 sounded great and very smooth.
How did they oil the bar? I am sure the 395 was good, but how about the others?
Yeah wasn’t the piece I’d choose :(. But it’s what I had to use. I stopped when the bottom of the saws hit the ground since I couldn’t cut all the way through easily. They all oiled that bar well and didn’t seem to struggle with it. Especially the 395 obviously... lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. 572 sounded very different. Much more refined and smooth than 372s.
I agree it’s torquey and smooth. Better on fuel too. I still like the 372’s don’t get me wrong. I used the modded xtorq a lot recently actually.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's done to the xtorq?
Base gasket delete, lower transfers matched to the base, blended the thick division more where the strato ports split into two on the cylinder, cleaned flash off the piston, little more intake duration, little timing advance, muffler mod, cut the division out of the filter holder, but left the strato intact in the carb and boot. I don’t like them gutted. I also put a older OE flywheel on it too (lighter). Still has limited coil. Lot of little things but nothing major or crazy. Mild build I guess.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seating the ring gains more than one would think. That little 024 super I have really came to life. It’s running an 8 picco sprocket, that’s pretty close to a 3/8-9
I wouldn't think that's all due to the added compression when they seat. I bet a lot of the charge is lost due to blow-by also

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The modded xtorq in the video picked up quite a bit from a set of new caber rings. It used to be slower than a stock 572xp and have less compression than a stock xtorq. Now it pretty much hangs with the muffler modded 572 and compression is healthier.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say half the people on this forum the almost stock OE 50mm 372 would be more than enough saw to do anything they wanted to. It pulled and oiled a 32 with half skip darned good in hardwood for 71cc’s with 5.5hp or something like that. It’s no 395xp, but it’ll do it in a pinch with a sharp chain. Surprised me. You can put on a short bar, fast chain on it and take some names at a gtg too.

Last edited:

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Better late than never. Lol
I didn't realize Jred made a diesel chain saw.

The stock wot rpm was. 10.5k! I will have to tach it.

It’s fun. You push and push it doesn’t change tone. I’ll have to slap a bigger bar on it to test it.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say half the people on this forum the almost stock OE 50mm 372 would be more than enough saw to do anything they wanted to. It pulled and oiled a 32 with half skip darned good in hardwood for 71cc’s with 5.5hp or something like that. It’s no 395xp, but it’ll do it in a pinch with a sharp chain. Surprised me. You can put on a short bar, fast chain on it and take some names at a gtg too.
And an XT would do them even better and be more forgiving.
This one was second on the same chain.
Plenty of guys say they won't run without an unlimited coil and an hd filter, okay lol.
This one has a base gasket delete and a little larger MM.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And an XT would do them even better and be more forgiving.
This one was second on the same chain.
Plenty of guys say they won't run without an unlimited coil and an hd filter, okay lol.
This one has a base gasket delete and a little larger MM.
The xtorq can run good for sure. I wouldn’t put a unlimited coil on a xtorq though anyway with the heavier piston and plastic cage bearings.