Saw builds

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I make the best running saws with a oem piston.
The husky pistons are heavy and unless you shim the pin bearing it could be a problem,I had a couple fail in 066's so I'll never use one again,besides a meteor 064 piston has more skirt than you need.
Also on a 064 that already has a thin base then take .100 off and it's paper thin.
Oe piston all the way

Planning to use the AM cylinder with a 1/2" thick base

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Any experience with the 1201a flywheel and the 046 coil? Forget the part number now... Wiggs posted a few years ago about it working so now I have two. They work, but can bite ya. They both have D handles.
Any ignition will work but if you get a 066 cylinder with 200lb of compression and the exhaust at 102-3 you can't start it.
This is the only one I've had like it.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 394/066 hybrid gave me nerve damage in my hands. There's not much that seems to hurt worse than gripping and ripping with all you got and then suddenly you're crippled from your forearm all the way down to your middle fingers. It takes the pain a good minute to peak and start coming back down before you can see straight again.
Don @sawfun watched me do it one of the worst times I've ever done it.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 394/066 hybrid gave me nerve damage in my hands. There's not much that seems to hurt worse than gripping and ripping with all you got and then suddenly you're crippled from your forearm all the way down to your middle fingers. It takes the pain a good minute to peak and start coming back down before you can see straight again.
I had to get heavy rubber gloves to start it because I didn't have any skin left on my hand and it hurt bad enough that I couldn't grip.
I know how to start one and never had a problem,been years since I had one get me and I've ported saws every day for a very long time and this saw with a short mount coil is unstartable.
It will get you everytime now if you ain't ready but it's better than before.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Send it my way, wouldn't want you injuring yourself.
:)