Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was able to turn up that 346 a bit and shes rippin nice now that she's had 2+ tanks. I'll try to bring that 346 to the GTG
No Sir, try is not an option here.
Do
Do is what’s appropriate and necessary.
Do, Sir !

We’re planning on a 50cc showdown ........ that 346 of yours is going to be smack in the middle of it all !!!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out! It’s very snappy! Still need to advance timing, if it even needs it... and figure out why it’s stalling here and there.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Dan, really good.

Compression on a 262 with 30 out should be right around 200. 40 out will give you 220. Stock around 155-160 with .035 squish.

These are generalities of course.

@dustinwilt68 , your 262 compression is an enigma. 28 outs your band with 22 squish cannot be 160, unless the ring just isn’t seated yet.

Can’t remember if you have a decomp jug, or if it’s plugged.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Johnmn
This is the saw Eric bought from you that had issues. Pretty sure they were in the carb. It was a mess in there. Perhaps a coil issue as well with the little bit of stalling I’m getting. I need to get some time on her and broke in to figure her out.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It may be the kill switch, I just fired it up, and when I went to shut it off I hadn’t even flip the switch just touched it when it killed it I remember it was doing that yesterday also.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one that came with the saw. Hopefully it’s the right one. John must have known it was bad.
John mentioned the clutch spring issue when I bought the saw. The spring with the saw is likely a new one I had on hand that I planned to change out and then I ended up donating the saw to the cause :)

I remember the chain spinning all the time when I had it. Easy fix and that extra spring is brand new should definitely solve that.

Maybe you can turn the idle up a bit with the new spring and no more die problems. Interesting on the stop switch... Simple fixes here at least! Hope the coil is OK.

Top of the morning to ya guys!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk