trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the saw that got me into this crap..my 262. Sold my ported one and after accumulating and building quite a few of them purchased a 1990 off of FB. Put it together but it just sat because I was cutting with my ported saws. So the other week was cutting up a white oak and decided I would bring it out and do some cutting with it.
It cut like a champ and I really enjoyed myself with it. Didn't miss the little bit of time the ported saws would cut with, I just had a good time and was reminded of why I started cutting my own wood, to be outside and enjoy myself. For a little while if the saw wasnt ported I wouldn't even look at it, but it was a reminder to me just enjoying my time in the woods was more important than saw performance. I don't earn a living with it so my time is expendable with the cutting that I do. I still enjoy my ported saws, but I think I'll dust off the stock ones a little bit more...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very good Dall. I've got an srcarr 394 but that bietch and seeing water. The 661 is getting harder to pull over and it was ported by your buddy!!! JMS!! Howd the surgery go?
lol i have 4 little scars and one long one on the chest
replumbing done inside the chest in 3 places

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s all relative. The slower you get, the faster they seem.

I bet the years are flying by too.
No wonder you're a doc! I didn't even think of that. So that means, in Einsteins world, that the ported saws aren't really that much faster? Its just a time/space thing? Genious.....

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
With the saw that got me into this crap..my 262. Sold my ported one and after accumulating and building quite a few of them purchased a 1990 off of FB. Put it together but it just sat because I was cutting with my ported saws. So the other week was cutting up a white oak and decided I would bring it out and do some cutting with it.
It cut like a champ and I really enjoyed myself with it. Didn't miss the little bit of time the ported saws would cut with, I just had a good time and was reminded of why I started cutting my own wood, to be outside and enjoy myself. For a little while if the saw wasnt ported I wouldn't even look at it, but it was a reminder to me just enjoying my time in the woods was more important than saw performance. I don't earn a living with it so my time is expendable with the cutting that I do. I still enjoy my ported saws, but I think I'll dust off the stock ones a little bit more...

I agree. It would be cool to have one, but I don't need it and the people I cut with could care less what each of us use. Its funny, they all think my stock 500i with the Egan Straight Shot Muffler is a screamer.