Trader history (0)

larasea

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shout out to Randy on another quality build, MS241C. I met Randy a couple of years ago now when he ported my first saw, MS261C. Yes as the sayin goes, you just can't have one ported saw. So, Randy ported my second saw a MS400C. Fine saw for sure. And a couple of weeks ago Randy ported my MS241C. I own 7 saws in total with 4 professional saws. All my pro saws are ported except my 500i.

Thanks Randy.

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpeg
    IMG_3867.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 21

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy does some very fine work.
The 346, 357, 562 all going some amazing work over the years not a single hick up.

Thank you for your honest review!

Maybe the mods can move it to the builder review section where we have an amazing array of reviews.

@Woodpecker @Mastermind

larasea

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy does some very fine work.
The 346, 357, 562 all going some amazing work over the years not a single hick up.

Thank you for your honest review!

Maybe the mods can move it to the builder review section where we have an amazing array of reviews.

@Woodpecker @Mastermind
Thanks. Being relatively new to this forum, I did not know exactly where to post.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy did a 395 for me years ago. Hell I cannot keep them from getting banged up fastest enough to get another done.

I do have a MS260 here that still is a virgin.

Not for long though

Last edited:

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy did a 395 for me years ago. Hell I cannot keep them from getting banged up fastest enough to get another done.

I do have a MS260 here that still is a virgin.

Not for long though
Pull the muffler cover. You won't believe how small the exhaust hole is...

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pull the muffler cover. You won't believe how small the exhaust hole is...
I have had the muffler off many a 026. I am no porter. I would like to send it to Randy but I am betting I pop her cherry beforehand and he does not do used saws. He likes virgins.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had the muffler off many a 026. I am no porter. I would like to send it to Randy but I am betting I pop her cherry beforehand and he does not do used saws. He likes virgins.
We've been doing a lot of used saws the last few years Bill.

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_4887.jpeg

Randy built my first ported chainsaw. Whatever he did he got a Stihl MS 441, which sits at 70.7 cc, to have enough jam to yard a full comp 105 driver sharp round chisel chain through whatever I’ve needed, comfortably. Stock, the 441 is kinda lacking despite having a nice, wide power band. Again, whatever his secret sauce is, it seems like it adds power across the whole band.

It looks stock, and it’s not overly loud. And it still has spark arrestor screens. I’m not afraid to use it during fire season. Hell, I’ve even used it to fall a couple trees that were on fire, like this one:

IMG_5997.jpeg

Randy builds a good saw. Pricing I feel is unfair to comment on, because I don’t have anything to compare. I know I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again. I’m probably about to call him sometime soon about doing a low hour MS 461 I just bought, because based on the one I ran at his GTG last October, he builds a mean MS 461, which would probably become the 32” bar saw.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 413433

Randy built my first ported chainsaw. Whatever he did he got a Stihl MS 441, which sits at 70.7 cc, to have enough jam to yard a full comp 105 driver sharp round chisel chain through whatever I’ve needed, comfortably. Stock, the 441 is kinda lacking despite having a nice, wide power band. Again, whatever his secret sauce is, it seems like it adds power across the whole band.

It looks stock, and it’s not overly loud. And it still has spark arrestor screens. I’m not afraid to use it during fire season. Hell, I’ve even used it to fall a couple trees that were on fire, like this one:

View attachment 413437

Randy builds a good saw. Pricing I feel is unfair to comment on, because I don’t have anything to compare. I know I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again. I’m probably about to call him sometime soon about doing a low hour MS 461 I just bought, because based on the one I ran at his GTG last October, he builds a mean MS 461, which would probably become the 32” bar saw.
Thank you for the kind words Sean.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Well the 395 he did for me runs great but is loud as hell. :) I think Dad can hear it 4 miles south of me in the cemetery.

Ear plugs are cheap and performance is NICE