Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might try the ra i have several chinese 3/8 and 1/2 inch impact's that have served us well over the years who knows but the price is good.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how do you control it? just turn it on with the black ring there? and let her go ??

junkman

Crush it
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how do you control it? just turn it on with the black ring there? and let her go ??
I have too look,only used it to hog a weld down to try it out on a pickup bed ,i think just twist that black round thing to desired rpm and grind ,no buttons to hold or triggers ,just turn the throttle to raise and lower rpms variable speed i guess ,my 1/4 chuck bigger one has a lever throttle .it is too big for saws.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Extension not allowed is all it says on this stupid phone.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ebay au pencil grinders first result is the straight one.QUOTE="Stihl working Hard, post: 356779, member: 802"]Do you have a dumb phone instead of a smart phone :risas3:[/QUOTE]
E

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
22.90 usd might be a good deal for ya.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have too look,only used it to hog a weld down to try it out on a pickup bed ,i think just twist that black round thing to desired rpm and grind ,no buttons to hold or triggers ,just turn the throttle to raise and lower rpms variable speed i guess ,my 1/4 chuck bigger one has a lever throttle .it is too big for saws.
I had a foot pedal and in line regulator I was going use if I got a air set like you Brian. Of course I got access to all this from work.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
2:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't want to be ass'y but anything that isn't a cc specialties ra is a complete waist of money if you are going to use it much at all.
Mine runs hours every day and has for 2+ years.
I never got a week out of anything else.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mattyo I've been using the knock off NSK style push button RA heads. They are cheap and have better bearings then most of the latch heads I've found but the drive tang is the week part. Being a dentist, what holds up the best for latch burr drive heads? Why don't they have any collet style friction grip heads?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the office I have star titan handpieces for slow speed latch. They are very old. They don't need to be rebuilt often....but the carbides are much smaller...and we don't use them all day every day like the cc specialty tools. They only get run for a few seconds with number 8 round burrs....about 1/8" round for removing decay.

I don't know why friction grip doesn't exist in this category. ...latch has been used for generations....good enough? I dunno

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the office I have star titan handpieces for slow speed latch. They are very old. They don't need to be rebuilt often....but the carbides are much smaller...and we don't use them all day every day like the cc specialty tools. They only get run for a few seconds with number 8 round burrs....about 1/8" round for removing decay.

I don't know why friction grip doesn't exist in this category. ...latch has been used for generations....good enough? I dunno

It's too bad there isn't a friction grip, I actually prefer the contra angle vs. the CC right angle. It's much easier to control chatter since the reaction force is no longer pure torsion in your hand.