Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ah, uh, probably. as long as the shank is 2.35mm ... they will fit in a latch handpiece w/ the right amount of grinding. as far as the head shape, likely need lots of different shapes and options for ideal port work.... so those heads are probably a good start

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, you have to be keen to do it. However, after you get the top part of the port the way you want it, then you can adjust the timing. Admittedly, I'd rather have the right porting tools to do the job, but this is a thread for a 'poor man's porting tools'.

Considering the time spent, most guys would be better off sending the jug to a professional porter with the right tools.

so if it costs lets say... $150 ish per cylinder head to send to a pro porter... getting a marathon handpiece setup and few carbides IS less than that. so it starts to make $$ sense if you are gonna do more than one cylinder head.

the difference ultimately being that a pro porter can squeeze that last few percentage points of power out of the saw. then its a value judgement :)

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used dental latch style heads for a while now for really small cylinders. I find they don't hold up with 1/4" burrs but they will with a 3/16 single cut (SE-53). The good think is that a push button head cost less than $15 shipped. Also, I've never been able to find decent 3/32" (2.35mm) burrs, all of them have been dull from day one. Instead I grind down the shaft of an 1/8" shank and grind the drive tang and latch groove in with a toolpost grinder on my lathe.

This is the push button latch dental head adapter I made next to the CC 128MC. It's great for getting into small cylinders. Sorry I don't have a picture of the current size burr I like to use on them.

IMG_3013.JPG

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll keep fiddling.... we shall see how long these chinese things last ...AND where the point of failure is. I can imagine the heads going out, but for so cheap... replacing them would be no big deal. also, i gotta find a fairly inexpensive reduction head....that'll help

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had two sets for years never checked just have the dremel with adjustable chuck works great.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would be nice to have a relatively inexpensive air driven piece....problem with the blue point stuff, apparently the RA isn't readily availble... ie..not for sale on the internet. still nice to know such a product exists

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know anything about them but they is cheap.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
25.00 1/8 kit$_1 (4).JPG