huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sorta surprised that there hasn't been more discussion about the transfer opening points....
What are your thoughts on them? They seemed normal to me, or at least that’s how I’ve been doing them, other than the taper. I usually open the exhaust side 3-5° earlier than the secondaries.

Stihl definitely has different ideas on scavenging than others. On all of the newer saws, the intake side transfers are designed to allow the charge to hug the intake wall, where most other manufacturers still shoot the charge out a little bit

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are your thoughts on them? They seemed normal to me, or at least that’s how I’ve been doing them, other than the taper. I usually open the exhaust side 3-5° earlier than the secondaries.

Stihl definitely has different ideas on scavenging than others. On all of the newer saws, the intake side transfers are designed to allow the charge to hug the intake wall, where most other manufacturers still shoot the charge out a little bit

It seems like Stihl has been following our old build threads huh? LOL

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going 105° first then going back in and trying 103°?

No sir.

I have four saws here. I'll do each one a little differently.

Then I test them in 12 x 12 clear wood. Video all the cuts and then time them. That tells me which direction I need to go.....