Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just general long term feedback on the guys running them! Did you do any further work on those 3 saws? thanks mate. Read all 28 pages lol

I've done a bunch of these. One had a failed ignition module. A few have had trouble with the brake handle getting to hot from the exhaust outlet. As far as the three saws you're referring to, I have no idea. I don't remember.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've done a bunch of these. One had a failed ignition module. A few have had trouble with the brake handle getting to hot from the exhaust outlet. As far as the three saws you're referring to, I have no idea. I don't remember.
That's fine, but what about the pig rentals?

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha, thanks Randy!

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey girls...sawmikaze here...

Can any of you confirm or deny if there's any type of reset process for the 500..I've read and heard so many things I don't know what to think..

Thansk in advance.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey girls...sawmikaze here...

Can any of you confirm or deny if there's any type of reset process for the 500..I've read and heard so many things I don't know what to think..

Thansk in advance.
There is. But....you have to hook it up to the MDG and then select "calibrate". That puts it in calibration mode. Then you unhook it, run it a certain way, and finally hook it back up to see if the calibration was successful.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is. But....you have to hook it up to the MDG and then select "calibrate". That puts it in calibration mode. Then you unhook it, run it a certain way, and finally hook it back up to see if the calibration was successful.

Oh..

Well then I'm SOL.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll go see my people, thanks.
We already know that you’re going to be waiting at the front door, tomorrow morning for your peep’s shop to open ……. Any excuse to see how many starts and run time ………..

Just let us know, snap a pic or two for us, eh ??

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So you're telling me Donny Walker saying to let it idle for 15 minutes isn't true ?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So you're telling me Donny Walker saying to let it idle for 15 minutes isn't true ?
Isn’t true, you need an mdg1 to calibrate a 500i. I saw the rumors all over about this too and asked my buddy at Stihl and he told me only with the mdg1 and even confirmed it with some of the techs in Virginia Beach.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn’t true, you need an mdg1 to calibrate a 500i. I saw the rumors all over about this too and asked my buddy at Stihl and he told me only with the mdg1 and even confirmed it with some of the techs in Virginia Beach.

Roger that.

It won't rev right anymore, it seems to idle fine..so I'm assuming it needs reset, It needed a bath really bad so I cleaned it pretty good and changed the filters today and just did overall maintenance stuff on it and it didn't get any better.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roger that.

It won't rev right anymore, it seems to idle fine..so I'm assuming it needs reset, It needed a bath really bad so I cleaned it pretty good and changed the filters today and just did overall maintenance stuff on it and it didn't get any better.
Well did the dealer get it recalibrated? Or find a bad temp sensor or something?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well

It would idle and not rev right.

Now it barely idles but takes off to full RPM no problem.

Put a maintenance kit in it and the problem reversed.

Got me.

Reactions: Lnk

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well

It would idle and not rev right.

Now it barely idles but takes off to full RPM no problem.

Put a maintenance kit in it and the problem reversed.

Got me.
What’s in the maintenance kit? Plug, air filter and fuel? If it’s barely idling could it possibly be a bad spark plug or also sounds like it could have a super tiny air leak in the fuel system or bad fuel filter starving the saw at idle slightly.

Reactions: Lnk