• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSS

widebody
Local time
2:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You are encouraged to question the moderator. Please do.

This is a new site......and am not a "highly experienced" moderator.

In my mind this site is being built for the members. That's why Bruce asks so many questions about what we need.

So far this is what I have done. There have been two people that I stopped outright from joining.

I may not have been moderating......but I've been around these saw forums since 2008. I have seen some rank chit go down on these places. The two people I stopped at the door might be great guys........but they both have made a bunch of enemies in the saw community. Their presence here would cause too many fights. I'm not gonna be spending all my time breaking up a bunch of guys that butt heads day after day.

As far as I can tell......there is no "wrong side of the tracks"......if there is, then I'm probably from there. As far as feuds go....I will not tolerate rude behavior from anyone here. Have you ever heard this saying? It is possible to disagree, without being disagreeable. I don't care if it's my best friend.......if they come on this site and start being rude to other members.......I will call them out on it.

So.......treat each other with respect.......and we will have no feuds.
All these big words don't fool me

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 7952

461 more then 4 months pro logger use. what would you expect of me on this?
you indicated this happened twice on the same chassis, is perhaps there a non-parallel cylinder bolt hole that is applying some slight off-axis pressure that gets exaggerated under load and causes a side torsion stress fracture?

keep in mind the sum total of my porting and engineering experience consists of momentarily distracting myself by trying to concentrate on the staple while studying the centerfold one time when I was 13
Dave

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went 12 for four hours. But it was five reps.

were you still giving yourself air high fives when you woke up?

you indicated this happened twice on the same chassis, is perhaps there a non-parallel cylinder bolt hole that is applying some slight off-axis pressure that gets exaggerated under load and causes a side torsion stress fracture?

keep in mind the sum total of my porting and engineering experience consists of momentarily distracting myself by trying to concentrate on the staple while studying the centerfold one time when I was 13
Dave

Dave, you still on medications?

I'm really glad this site lets us be ourselves (mostly). I've laughed more at these 2 in the last 3 weeks than I ever have. Thanks

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
To begin This is Just my Opinion
With that said I will vote No to a rating system. It's not that I'm a shady person looking to jip somebody out of there cash.
I believe that most of us are here because we share a passion for chainsaws. I for one do not depend on selling chainsaws or trading parts
to feed my family. I do it to fund my CAD addiction. For all of the sites That I participate in I have not seen a rating system.
These sites are not EBay . Most of us we visit these sites daily if not hourly just to keep up with what's happening or to see what's for sale or trade.
I have always read that a seller or trader with a high post or like count is probably a good person to deal with.
I for one do not want to get jipped by anyone. We all have some concerns when dealing with new comers that have 1000.00 dollar saws for sale.
I know that I want to continue using these sites and not see my name trashed by a rating system that someone may or may not understand what there buying.
That is why I ask questions and ask for photos with whom I deal with. I will work with who ever buys or trades with me to come to a arrangement to make both parties happy, that's what PM's are for.
One site I visit all money is discussed thru PM's only. If Porters want a rating system that's up to them, but I think that sellers or traders are not in the same category.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
QUOTE="fearofpavement, post: 40942, member: 304"]Dave, you still on medications?[/QUOTE]
nah sadly I am just naturally a bit out of sync with reality and for some reason feel a bit more free in posting here than I ever did on Arboristsite, I am still a sponsor there, but find a lot less threads I wanna chime in on since this group a unicorn chasers left.
I always had a bit of the riff raff spirit but the interface at Sawhawgz is too clunky for me, I spent more time replacing the missing letters in my posts than typing them initially, they all said get a different browser but I prefer to specify who gets to see my digital bits so the others are less appealing to me. Also I can only post pics or files by editing an old post. they're just cumbersome man, cumbersome.

hey all you f'ckers with a barn full o goodies call your insurance guy and get coverage, ol huskys barn fire prompted me to call this morning and I only had 4 chainsaws listed as landscape equipment covered in my policy and nothing for the parts at all or any of my tookboxes :(

Dave

Last edited:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried to say this aways back but I was on drugs and didn't have no pretty picture

like it or not the only thing that succeeds at staying the same is death, we don't have to grow and change fast but I think we should take every reasonable chance to be great
discussion on here is way better than the other boards at this point IMHO
debate is great

wtf is up with a caucus? do a bunch of people gather in a barn and form cliques until a west side story knife fight breaks out? online info is pretty dang sketchy and I want to put my hat in the ring to sign the male lead in Tonight but I am not an Iowa resident

Last edited:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was me, I was referring to that other site.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we wanted that, we'd just go there. Things need to be left up for people to see. If they read later on what they wrote and they don't like it, they can learn from their own mistakes

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You (Admin or moderator with admin approval) should be the only one able to do so.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we wanted that, we'd just go there. Things need to be left up for people to see. If they read later on what they wrote and they don't like it, they can learn from their own mistakes
Quoted to like again! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't recall who it was......and I'm not digging back thru to see.

On AS they made it impossible to delete threads.......

What do y'all think?
I personally think threads should be fully editable and deletable. There's been times I've written something and read it later and realized it may not come across as nice and have edited what I wrote. For instance if Dave the Defined gets sober and re-reads his posts, do we have to save them as is for the next decade? So I think a poster should be able to delete their own content.