Hybrid Time

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy for ya Erik, I wanted you to have an 044, but this is way better! Looking forward to seeing it at the GTGs.
Thanks Mike. We will have a ball with her at a GTG! It has a meteor 272 slug -- lighter and should vibrate less than the traditional hybrids. That's the idea anyway!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking like we were lucky, it was mostly a rain event.

I should have this beotch running later today. It will be a mud fest, but I’ll take that anytime over the whitestuff.

I don’t have a decomp cover and I’m still wounded from last week. I’ll be drilling a hole in the top cover for now until the parts arrive. My D handles never made it either.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It could have been misboxed too, if it was a c4 clearance they can be noticeably loose.
You’re likely right Jeremy. This one bearing had a stepped inner race, unlike the others. The outer packaging was the same, but the inner was different.

If I held the bearing by its inner race, I could shake it and hear movement. It would spin for around 10 seconds if I spun it. It didn’t have that tight smooth feel the others have. I round filed it. I can’t see how it was good for any speed rating.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Al … for the video we have all been waiting to see … looks like another great runner. Erik is going to be happy!

May I ask how much off the key, cause it looks just as strong, and if it is easier to start …

I still try to do just .020, but sometimes go a bit over.