Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Here's the tail end of Dad dropping the tree he wants his bar top for his cabin out of. This is the first tree he's cut with a 2100 in 20 years. I think he was pretty exited. I asked if he wanted to drop it and I hardly got the words out of my mouth and he was taking the saw out of my hands.
Nice!! :). I bet he enjoyed that!!
As soon as the tree hits...the real work begins. Lol.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
For sure, but we got it limbed and cleaned up pretty quick. We actually got pretty lucky and there was no traffic at all in the few hours we were there. Lucky as it had the road pretty well right blocked off. Lucky too as the tree didn't break and the big crotch in the middle survived to become his counter. Hopefully it works out, guess we'all see in a few weeks.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's another pine tree. I will definitely post pics of the slabs in a few weeks when it is cut, so long as it mills out ok. The butt end has a vertical split 1/4 the way through, the top end has a split running horizontally 1/4 the way through both spars. Hoping it works out.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I had a guy come into the shop today needing the front handle for his 2100cd. does anybody know where I could find one for him and how much it would cost?

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a guy come into the shop today needing the front handle for his 2100cd. does anybody know where I could find one for him and how much it would cost?
Front handle?? Full wrap handle, or brake flag?

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a tank do this? I pulled the muffler off the mill saw to remove the inner dog and 7th mount and install a spacer where the 7th mount goes and found where my oil leak was coming from. Wondering if there is a bolt or anything that goes horizontally through the tank that would do this? I'll repair it somehow and run it as this saw is going to be run pretty hard on the mill.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 37

NormalT

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just found a box of flock air filters for this machine. What was retail on these, anyone know?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any filter for a 2100 is hard to find. I've never seen a flocked one only the nylon mesh type .

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0758.JPG

Put a new tank on the mill saw. It should be 100% now. It's a real good runner and a hard worker for sure.

Also pieced together the rest of Dad's 2100, replacing the rest of what was missing. Also I replaced the bad crank seals. Tried fitting the new canon 33" 404 bar, but the chain that was sent with it is 063 and two drive links short, it's 99 and I think I need 101. Also I want s full comp on it so I'm trying to find a Oregon 58L for it, then it's off to the races.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey flying pig. Could you post some close up pics of your mill? I'd like to try milling even though i really dont need the boards. I've got a 2100 also. Awesome planks by the way.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0736.JPG

It's a pretty simple design, but it's flawed as well. This was the first trip out with it and we will be making a few changes. Square upright legs are a PITA to square and retain. I wouldn't do them again. Next time they will be round and use a pinch collar to retain the mill platform and they will bolt through the bar rather than clamping on. Also it needs a second set of wheels above the first. These guys don't even contact the wood when you are in the bottom half of the tree.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 37357

Here's the catcher I built.
Are you going to put a nylon sleeve over that. from my personal experience with long bars big chains is if it does derail and hits metal your back to sharpening a chian. if it's nylon chances are your not going to need to sharpen the chain . Put the chain back on and continue making your money

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not sure, it might get done but maybe not. It's made out of some pretty soft brass, it might be ok. Might build a teflon sleeve for it too. If the sleeve is too soft though it will end up in the steel underneath and that would be really bad for the chain. Ha ha.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0796.JPG IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG

Way to cold to do anything fun today up here in northern Alberta. -43 with the windchill today.

Thought I'd post a few pictures of Dad's saw all set up how he had it now. Half wrap, brake, double dogs, jungle muffler, a 33-36" bar (33" canon this time) and full comp 404 chain. Probably be Christmas before I get out to try it but it seems to run really well now and feels just like a new saw.

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cold enough the camera took foggy pictures even. Had to break out my bunny boots to go out and do anything today. Supposed to warm up to -20ish tomorrow. Might still savour some time inside though. Back to work at a mine this week sounds like.