High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huskyboy meets the 572xp

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Meh. I runs spot on once it’s warm. Maybe the frost coming out of the metal screws with it. I’m quite sure it’ll be an intermittent thing they won’t find at the dealership. If I pull it out of my truck into the cold air it starts and runs like a warm day. If it’s outside and cold when I start it it messes around. I’m sure it’s not gonna die. If it was running out of fuel rather than blubbering rich I’d be worried
I finally got it in to the doc. They plugged it in and reset it on the computer and now it seems good to go.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@TreeLife and I were talking about 572 timing advance since I asked him if he had any luck with it. He informed me that him and his sawbuilder started at 1/3 key and it was a bit much and popped there. They backed it off a bit. I decided to try what they proved worked for them and started with a conservative 1/4 off the key (about .015-.020). The saw responded very well in conjunction with the muffler mod I already did to it. Two very easy mods anyone with some mechanical knowledge can do. The saw gained about 1000 rpm in the cut with a 32” bar vs stock. Throttle response/torque improved. This is good news to me that the 572xp responds well to simple mods... and from what I hear porting as well. A good saw stock, but a great saw modified. The heavy duty bottom end/chassis should handle the extra power with ease and last in theory. This is good news to us chainsaw enthusiasts and loggers/tree guys.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572 is turning out to be an excellent work saw. The long transfer passages and long stroke really give the saw a broad and useful powerband. Once they break in, the difference is astonishing. My best friend and boss literally picked his head up from working another saw when he heard the 572 dial in and start eating. He is a big stihl guy, that speaks volumes to me. He also giggled like a school girl at the ported 346.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little fun fact for you guys... there is a hole on the flywheel side that leads to the clutch area. It’s for cooling air to go to the clutch etc. There are also slots in the back of the inboard clutch housing. I cannot get the saw to overheat, even milling with a 32” bar the idle is rock steady coming out of cuts. 30229BCB-B638-4A4F-9EAA-05753E125F03.jpeg

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little fun fact for you guys... there is a hole on the flywheel side that leads to the clutch area. It’s for cooling air to go to the clutch etc. There are also slots in the back of the inboard clutch housing. I cannot get the saw to overheat, even milling with a 32” bar the idle is rock steady coming out of cuts. View attachment 234232
The fact it idles well coming out of a long milling cut is very impressive. Even bigger saws can come out lean!

You think that vent really aids in keeping that clutch area cool, huh?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fact it idles well coming out of a long milling cut is very impressive. Even bigger saws can come out lean!

You think that vent really aids in keeping that clutch area cool, huh?
It seems like it helps, really a cool idea. I never knew about it till I saw it in the husqvarna service manual on the chainbrake when I reassembled a friends saw. It said there to check the hole to make sure it’s not plugged as it helps cool the clutch and whatnot.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Very nice to see some of the smaller details they are adding on these newer saws, I think the 462 has something similar to cool the muffler or something. These companies be thinking in the right direction I think.