High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How many saw forums do you regularly visit?

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't know they had a site crash, that's too bad.
most
Everything v bulletin based got crashed
And hacked .... scary stuff all kinds of sights cars trucks motorcycles

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
They fell apart along time before that. There was a major hack that required a reboot of the server or some techy thing and a ton of old valuable information was lost. Pictures of rebuilds, video's of saw builds and ect.

Yep that is about the time I quite going over there. Maybe just once in a great while.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Here, FF, Chainsaw Repair, and AS.

I'm actually liking this site a lot and figure I'll spend a good amount of time here. Good people, good friends, and real solid dialog with tons of useful info being shared. In some ways it's taking the best from the other sites and put it all in one place. And the layout of the site is real well thought out. Great job by Randy and the HL folks. But what I like best is that the majority of guys here actually know what they are talking about. Simply not possible once a site becomes too popular, and I'd rather have a conversation with a half dozen guys in a pub than 200 guys in a noisy cafeteria.

But all that hostility towards AS, and certain people? Is it really necessary to continue to feed that narrative? Posts like Jon's above, #76, really don't do much for this site IMO. I get what some of you are saying, and agree with much of it. But if it's really all behind you, then just let it go and move on. Just a suggestion. :)

I understand what you're getting at, however, I find making jokes out of people who are, well "jokes", is somewhat cathartic.

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand what you're getting at, however, I find making jokes out of people who are, well "jokes", is somewhat cathartic.
Cat...har...tic .....whut dat mean Jon ? Little wurds bro ,little wurds ....[emoji2]

Zoo City Sawz

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OPE, FF, and still swing into AS once a day to check messages and classifieds. Content in "chainsaw" is really on a down-swing lately there.. (I wonder why?? ;))

OPE is my main chainsaw hangout. I really enjoy it here! I like to contribute when/where I can, and the members here with more knowledge than I have (which is a whole lot of people) are very helpful in not hesitating to give solid, experienced based advice. And that is very much appreciated by those of us trying to learn things..

lwhaples

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't realize there was so many other places with chainsaw info. Seems like a lot of good reading here.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I check up on a forum with my phone now and then and always decline installing tapatalk when prompted to do so... I always figured it works just fine without it, so why change.. Good to know it sucks! LOL!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me changing, 3-4 times a day on SH, once on AS, and 20 times on OPE. The one I am about to die out on is AS :) will try to visit SH in future as well.

DSS

widebody
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
SawHawgz has a great group of guys. I've got a lot of friends there. The VB sites just don't work so good once you get spoiled by these XF forums. Same for TreeHouse forum....just can't do it with my phone.
SH works just as well for me as this forum. Tapatalk is the bomb. I don't understand you people.

I think it's cause your legs are all ###ked up. Throws off your sideways balance and stuff

What's an AS?

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Howdy fellas. I'm new to this site. But lurked and learned a lot from another site. just as an outsider looking in, this site is the best. i only look at other sites for searches. The atmosphere here is hands down the best.

sefh3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was heavily into building, selling, running saws. AS was the place to be. I learned a lot of valuable information from same good guys over there. Bought a new house last year and spent little time building and being on that site. Started getting back into saws this winter and the people over there are ignorant. Some of the responses are just crazy and hold no truth. Most of the people I learned from don't post and went elsewhere.
Randy sent me a pm or Facebook message about this place. Good knowledge and great people make for a great site.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
. He was reading my PMs though........because he said I was telling people to email me......and that was how I was recruiting.

Anyone that has ever had me do any work for them knows that the first thing I do is have the customer send me an email. PMs are not searchable, so I use gmail, and google calendar.
Well what you have to do is misinformation .Some BS story .

On that site and another myself and another person used two forums to send pms .One was a BS story another was the BS answer .They had no idea what was going on .Actually we planned it over the telephone .The SOB's couldn't get to that .--yes Virginia you can win a pizzen match with a skunk