Introduction from Oklahoma

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried to sign up hear a month or so ago, but for some reason my approval and email confirmation did not work right. I've done this on many forums before and I know how to do it, but almost every forum has a glitch now and again and I think that may have occurred. It got me frustrated (happens a lot these days). Be that as it may, I am a saw collector since june of 2017 and a garden tractor collector from 2004. I'm a Army Veteran,24th INF DIV, and was injured almost 3 years ago by a falling caterpillar blade on my hand and I am just now (feb. 29th) getting surgery for that injury. It took over 18 months to get an MRI and I was denied care many times. I've been in excruciating pain and have not been pleasant to say the least. I didn't ask for any pain medication and none was offered, unfortunately the years of pain have changed me, I'm not the same person as I once was, and even with this surgery (and at least one more) I have a different outlook towards my country and its leadership in how it takes care of its veterans. I don't think in anyway my situation is nearly as bad as thousands of other Vets, so I feel fortunate for that. At almost 61 I'm, 6'1, 190, don't smoke, don't drink, don't take any medication and have never punched a clock or had a job other than growing and selling things on my own. I have 20 old Homelites and 24 old garden tractors and a wonderful wife and a nice place. I included a picture of my collection minus my 114cc model 2000 which is on the bench getting a full restoration. Top row from left: XL-123, Super XL AO, XL-76 (Terry), XL Automatic, XL-103. Second row from left: XL-800, 360 Pro, XL-850, XL-800am. Third row from left: XL-902am (Terry), XL-903, XL-923, Super XL-925 (Terry). Fourth row from left: Super Mini SL Automatic (Terry), Super XL AO, Super EZ Automatic, EZ Automatic

20180201_093342.jpg Homelite 2000 Automatic 2.jpg

oologahan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Digger's Dad

Saw-chologist
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome aboard. You'll find us (for the most part) to be thankful to the Almighty for all He provides, especially veterans of the US Armed Forces of any branch, war time or peace. Glad you are here. Make yourself at home.

I can identify with the pain thing (probably nowhere near as much as you) and hope you find some relief soon.

Nice saws.

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried to sign up hear a month or so ago, but for some reason my approval and email confirmation did not work right. I've done this on many forums before and I know how to do it, but almost every forum has a glitch now and again and I think that may have occurred. It got me frustrated (happens a lot these days). Be that as it may, I am a saw collector since june of 2017 and a garden tractor collector from 2004. I'm a Army Veteran,24th INF DIV, and was injured almost 3 years ago by a falling caterpillar blade on my hand and I am just now (feb. 29th) getting surgery for that injury. It took over 18 months to get an MRI and I was denied care many times. I've been in excruciating pain and have not been pleasant to say the least. I didn't ask for any pain medication and none was offered, unfortunately the years of pain have changed me, I'm not the same person as I once was, and even with this surgery (and at least one more) I have a different outlook towards my country and its leadership in how it takes care of its veterans. I don't think in anyway my situation is nearly as bad as thousands of other Vets, so I feel fortunate for that. At almost 61 I'm, 6'1, 190, don't smoke, don't drink, don't take any medication and have never punched a clock or had a job other than growing and selling things on my own. I have 20 old Homelites and 24 old garden tractors and a wonderful wife and a nice place. I included a picture of my collection minus my 114cc model 2000 which is on the bench getting a full restoration. Top row from left: XL-123, Super XL AO, XL-76 (Terry), XL Automatic, XL-103. Second row from left: XL-800, 360 Pro, XL-850, XL-800am. Third row from left: XL-902am (Terry), XL-903, XL-923, Super XL-925 (Terry). Fourth row from left: Super Mini SL Automatic (Terry), Super XL AO, Super EZ Automatic, EZ Automatic

View attachment 110527 View attachment 110528

Welcome to ope