Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I have some Goof Off somewhere. I’ll try that first. Good suggestion.

The saws I have seen at most of the HDs around here are pretty clean. There is one rental department that is always messier than the others, so I’m going to guess it’s all about the people who work there.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Picked this up yesterday.
I was told the same thing about them putting new items up for sale at the beginning of each month. This one came up for sale two days ago, on the 29th, so I guess it may vary a little. I have never seen them update before the 1st before.
View attachment 109898 View attachment 109899
Very nice, Are you ready to sell at this time?:rolleyes:
You're correct on the saws being harder to obtain discounts, they do sell easily (refer to my first sentence) saws are definitely whatever the market will bear.​

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice, Are you ready to sell at this time?:rolleyes:
You're correct on the saws being harder to obtain discounts, they do sell easily (refer to my first sentence) saws are definitely whatever the market will bear.​
Since this puts me at only 5 of the 64xx-79xx saws I’m not ready to sell yet... I think I might have a problem... I still feel like I need more...

On a serious note, if you want one I can keep my eyes peeled for you up here. There’s quite a few HDs around and I’m always looking for their used saws.
If I see one I can pick it up for you and ship it your way.

At the moment I see 6421, 6100 and 4300 in their rental line up. I’m waiting for another 6100 myself. Hopefully in blue.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sondre, what is your opinion of the 6421 with the standard P+C? Do they wake up nicely with some basic mods?

There are two of them at the store near me (5 not too far). Also, what is the cost of a 7910 P+C?

If I buy them it will likely be to flip em, as the Bar is not the same setup as all my Stihls! So much for the German saws sticking together!

I think I also saw some 4300s not too far away, but no 6100s.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With a power head close to the weight of a 460 very impressive with the big power head, not so much with the smaller one.

It must go from about a 48 cc piston to a 53 cc???

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sondre, what is your opinion of the 6421 with the standard P+C? Do they wake up nicely with some basic mods?

There are two of them at the store near me (5 not too far). Also, what is the cost of a 7910 P+C?

If I buy them it will likely be to flip em, as the Bar is not the same setup as all my Stihls! So much for the German saws sticking together!

Just get some bar adaptors.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

While I don't have a lot of experience with fairly fresh 6421, I will say that the 6401 that I bought new in 08 I believe, is a very strong runner, not a gigantic seat of the pants difference vs. any of the 7910's I've owned. Even the wore out old rental 6421 that I have in current rotation is still impressive enough that most would find it unnecessary to replace P&C.
The earlier referenced 6401 may be an anomaly, but definitely qualifies for the Stock UNICORN Class at my imaginary saw races held bi weekly in my mind....

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
With a power head close to the weight of a 460 very impressive with the big power head, not so much with the smaller one.

It must go from about a 48 cc piston to a 53 cc???
47mm to 52mm ifin I'm memberng correctly,
Stock 6401 vs stock 460 is something that I see regularly, I am not sure if he would go for being videoed but I'll try. (somewhat of a sore loser especially since I'm giving up so many CC's)
Both with new chains it's close but...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A ported 7910 top end and a 28" bar certainly sounds like a nice combo, very similar to my ported 460 with 28" light bar.

Where do you get the adapters?

Spring AV saws feel much different, and their speed is often deceiving. They don't jerk you into the wood like the rubber AV mounts.

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A ported 7910 top end and a 28" bar certainly sounds like a nice combo, very similar to my ported 460 with 28" light bar.

Where do you get the adapters?

Spring AV saws feel much different, and their speed is often deceiving. They don't jerk you into the wood like the rubber AV mounts.
@Homelite410 I believe is your huckleberry.

Don't do it Mike, because then you'll be hooked and put a hurtin on the supply and saws coming down the pipeline.
You are correct on the 7910 and 28" is the perfect setup...
While this example is ported("insanoazation ") and he allows that he has modified the oiler to pull these extended bars, it none the less does it in fine form.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think the other guys pretty much covered it.

I have to say it's a good saw at 64cc with lots of torque, but a great saw at 79cc. Very smooth, and easy to work on.

I run the bar adapters too. I have just as many Stihl mount bars as I have Husky mounts. No big deal.

3 of the saws I have are 79cc, 2 are ported. 1 has a big bore kit, and one is currently 64cc. I do have a slightly scored 79cc top end that I hope will clean up for the last one. If not I'll probably keep it stock for a while.