High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Home depot makita

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know lots of you have purchased these great saws from the depot but were any of you successful in haggling the price on one? $322 for a 20" dc6421 here and was wondering what a ballpark price across the board might be so I don't go in uneducated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s the going price around here. They will not last long either when they are available. I’ve heard that some have gotten better deals, but I for one never got anywhere asking for a better price.

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s the going price around here. They will not last long either when they are available. I’ve heard that some have gotten better deals, but I for one never got anywhere asking for a better price.
They just called back and said they'd do 300 but no lower since it was just listed

sweetjetskier

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
They may have had so many people looking for used these saws used that the pricing has been increased and much more firm.

I bought 6401 in maybe 2013 for Right around $130, it was a little beat up though, your mileage may vary.

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The manager of the closest HD store to me that sells their rentals told me that the when and how much comes down from cooprate hq. The store folks get an email with an item number and how much when the big cheese says so. Maybe he was blowin smoke but it sounds about right at least. $322 is the standard asking price I've seen also. Its just a guessing game on when and where one will come up.

Jonesy11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I caught a glimpse of the listing and it had the 2 numbers one for 322 and the other said 279 but I couldn't see the heading for the column. I think it said something like managers override price. So what all of you have said makes sense. Thanks for the info. Now to convince the wife to let me extend the saw budget a bit.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I caught a glimpse of the listing and it had the 2 numbers one for 322 and the other said 279 but I couldn't see the heading for the column. I think it said something like managers override price. So what all of you have said makes sense. Thanks for the info. Now to convince the wife to let me extend the saw budget a bit.

around my area they have pretty good use history and hours rented vs depreciation figures. so almost all of them are for sale at some point, what the asking price is what depreciated value says its worth..or there abouts. My point is you can ask for a pretty detailed history of the saw at purchase. (go get that from a non-computer saw anywhere else). and for anybody that is leery of the dolmaks they are built like brick chithouses. Ive had 4 so far and the only work "needed" was maintenance. I swapped a BB set up on one and it was a hoss. best damn bargain out there on a work saw. Nate @fordf150 can get you anything you need and is a pleasure to deal with. so the service end is a NON- issue. heck box it up and send it to him if you feel froggy. still gonna be cheaper then your local monkey.